As the global utility-scale PV landscape has evolved, a number of large, globally diversified project developers have emerged. Developers are increasingly looking to grow their portfolios outside of their home markets, and many now have projects in operation or under development in multiple regions around the world.
In this report, GTM Research assesses the global utility-scale developer landscape, highlighting the top 15 developers currently active in the market. We assess the companies' portfolio of operational and in-development projects, and highlight key points of their strategies for future growth.
- Adani Renewables
- Canadian Solar
- EDF Energies Nouvelles
- Enel Green Power
- Equis Energy
- First Solar
- GCL New Energy
- NeoenTotal (SunPower and Eren)
- Scatec Solar
About the author:
, Senior Analyst, Solar.
Tom is a Senior Analyst for GTM Research covering global downstream PV markets. Prior to joining GTM in 2017, he worked for Wood Mackenzie for over 5 years; initially as an analyst producing research on electricity markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and later as a Research Manager for Wood Mackenzie's Energy Markets research product. In 2011, Tom graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a Master's degree in Mathematics. He also spent a year studying at the Humboldt University in Berlin.
Table of Contents
List of Figures:
- Top 15 Global Utility-scale Solar PV Project Developers
- Total Utility-Scale Solar PV Capacity (Operational + Pipeline), Top 15 Global Developers (MW)
- Operational Utility-Scale Solar PV Capacity (MW), Top 15 Global Developers
- Pipeline (MW) of Utility-Scale Solar PV Capacity, Top 15 Global Developers
- Share of Utility-Scale Solar PV Projects by Region
- Operational Utility-Scale Solar PV Capacity, Top 15 Developers*
- Competitive Tenders Are Driving Utility-Scale Deployment
- Developer Profile: First Solar
- Developer Profile: Total (SunPower and Eren)
- Developer Profile: SunEdison
- Developer Profile: EDF Energies Nouvelles
- Developer Profile: Enel Green Power
- Developer Profile: Enerparc
- Developer Profile: Marubeni