The CT market has experienced a number of challenges in recent years, including Medicare and private payer insurance reductions, radiation dose standards, federal healthcare policy changes, and appropriate use criteria. Learn how CT administrators feel these challenges will affect their department's future outlook and how they prioritize their goals in light of these challenges. Survey respondents rate the importance of their priorities, including CT replacement plans, improving department workflow and productivity, improving patient satisfaction, adopting artificial intelligence for decision support, and using low-dose CT for lung cancer screening. IMV's ‘2019 CT Market Outlook Report’ explores CT market trends, including CT procedure volume, installed base features, use of OEM vs. third-party service providers, equipment purchase plans, contrast utilization/budgets, CT power injectors, and site operations characteristics. Survey results are projected to the identified universe of CT facilities, and the report provides market forecast scenarios for CT scanners for 2019-2023.
What you'll learn in this report
- CT department priorities and future outlook
- What are the key department priorities for CT?
- What future factors will impact the outlook for CT the most?
- What are the top-ranked preferred uses of artificial intelligence and machine learning tools for CT departments?
- What is the trend in CT procedure volume by procedure type?
- What is the average CT procedure volume by site type?
CT scanner installed base and purchase plans
- How many fixed CT units are installed by site type?
- What is the installed base market share by vendor?
- What is the adoption rate for CTs with 64 slices or more?
- What is the anticipated age of CT units upon replacement?
- What is the mix of new vs. refurbished CT scanners?
- What type of service providers are CT sites using?
- What is the brand loyalty of current CT users?
- What is the trend in the preferred CT vendor and the influence of corporate HQ on CT decisions in healthcare systems?
- What is the unit forecast for CT scanners from 2019 to 2023?
CT contrast media and power injectors
- What is the trend in the use oral and injectable contrast?
- For what % of CT procedures are power injectors used?
- What is the supplier share for CT contrast & power injectors?
Site operations characteristics
- How many technologists, nurses, administrators, imaging aides, and secretaries are employed in CT departments?
- What % of sites & procedures use outside reading services?
- What is the current productivity of CT departments?
Market Research Methodology
This report utilizes the results from an IMV-hosted online survey conducted with 402 CT administrators, supervisors, and chief technologists from a random sample of hospitals and imaging centers across the United States.
Table of Contents
- Background and Objectives
- CT Market Outlook Executive Summary
- CT Department Priorities & Future Outlook
- CT Procedure Volume
- Installed Base of CT Scanners
- CT Purchase Plans & Market Scenarios
- CT Contrast Media & Power Injectors
- Demographics & Site Operations Characteristics