The global haptic technology market is valued $18.31 billion in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.8% from the year 2017 to 2022. Based on the feedback type available the haptic technology is segmented as force and tactile. Among the two different types available tactile is having the highest market share of $11.80 billion in the year 2017 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 20.9% from the year 2018-2022 and force feedback is valued $7.75 billion in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.9% from the year 2018-2022. Increasing usage of haptic technology in healthcare and consumer market may increase the market share for haptic technology.
What is Haptic Technology Market?
Haptic technology is the sense of touch which can interact with computers, PC's and many others. The first use of haptic technology is aircrafts that relied on servomechanism system to operate control systems. Haptic technology can also be used to study human sense of touch by enabling the creation of controlled virtual objects. Haptic technology market is segmented based on the feedback types and also the components available. There are different components used in haptic technology like actuators, haptic drive and microcontroller unit. Actuators are the electronic devices which convert the electric energy to mechanical energy. Haptic actuators convert electric signals to vibrate which can be sensed by the user operating the end product.
What are the major applications for Haptic Technology Market?
The major applications of haptic technology includes in many industries like aerospace, automotive, medical and in many other industries. In automotive haptic technology is applied for remote keyless entry whereas in consumer electronics is haptic technology is applied in mobile phones, PC's, tablets and also in gaming devices.
Market Research and Market Trends Haptic technology Market:
Haptic technology is increasing its applications in textile industry. By using haptic technology in textile industry the customers will be able to feel the texture of the clothes by using internet.
Disney research has launched a force jacket by using haptic technology which can create embodied experiences such as AR and VR.by using this force jacket the person can feel the haptic effects such as hug, pinch and it can even create a haptic effect of snake slithering around the body.
Haptic technology in gloves which is using virtual reality. By using these gloves it monitor how the person is interacting with the real objects. This haptic gloves measures how the skin is stretching or contracting when a person lift any object. When an object is lifted the object is pressed in different places of the hand haptic gloves measures how hard the object is pressed.
Cinionic and ultrahaptics have launched a turnkey visualization solution that engages the people in an interactive sensory experience in movie theatres. People in movie theaters are going to experience a thrill ride of sorts engaging in game play with virtual tools and feeling sensations like static fields of electricity, bubbles and other phenomena without touching the surface of the screen. There is even a possibility for people in avatar like gaming where an individual is actually present in the story.
Haptic technology is increasing its application in healthcare. By using this technology the trainee surgeons are able to carry out a virtual operation using haptic controls. This process of conducting a virtual operation as a trainee will reduce the risk of cutting a human being.
Who are the Major Players in Haptics Technology market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Immersion Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., AAC Technologies Holdings, Inc., Johnson Electric Holdings Limited, Densitron Technologies PLC and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
Understand the different dynamics influencing the market - key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
Get a quick outlook on the market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
1. Haptics Technology Market - Overview
- 1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Haptics Technology Market - Executive summary
- 2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
- 2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
- 2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Haptics Technology Market
- 3.1. Comparative analysis
- 3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
- 3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
- 3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
- 3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
- 3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Haptics Technology Market Forces
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.2. Constraints
- 4.3. Challenges
- 4.4. Porters five force model
- 4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
- 4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
- 4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
- 4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Haptics Technology Market - Strategic analysis
- 5.1. Value chain analysis
- 5.2. Opportunities analysis
- 5.3. Product life cycle
- 5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Haptics Technology Market - By Feedback Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
- 6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
- 6.3. Product Segment Analysis
- 6.3.1. Introduction
- 6.3.2. Force Feedback
- 220.127.116.11. Joysticks
- 18.104.22.168. Gloves
- 22.214.171.124. Steering wheels
- 126.96.36.199. Trackball
- 188.8.131.52. Game pads
- 6.3.3. Tactical feedback
7. Haptics Technology Market - By Components (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Actuators
- 7.2.1. Linear resonant actuator (LRA)
- 7.2.2. Eccentric rotating mass actuator ( ERM)
- 7.2.3. Piezo actuator
- 7.2.4. Electro active Polymer Actuators
- 7.3. Haptic drive
- 7.4. Microcontroller
- 7.5. Others
8. Haptics Technology Market - By Technology (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.1. Captive Technology
- 8.2. Resistive Technology
9. Haptics Technology Market - By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Industrial
- 9.2.1. Aerospace
- 9.2.1. Automotive
- 184.108.40.206. Remote keyless entry
- 220.127.116.11. Body control module
- 9.2.1. Medical
- 18.104.22.168. Infusion pump
- 22.214.171.124. Pulse Oximetry
- 126.96.36.199. Digital stethoscope
- 188.8.131.52. Others
- 9.2.1. Aerospace and Defense
- 9.2.1. Military
- 9.2.1. Consumer Electronics
- 184.108.40.206. Mobile phones
- 220.127.116.11. Tablets
- 18.104.22.168. PC
- 22.214.171.124. Wireless keyboards and Mouse
- 126.96.36.199. Printers
- 188.8.131.52. Wearable
- 184.108.40.206. Washing Machines
- 220.127.116.11. Gaming remotes
- 18.104.22.168. Refrigerators
- 11.3. Others
10. Haptics Technology - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 10.1. Haptics Technology Market - North America Segment Research
- 10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
- 10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
- 10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
- 10.2.5.1. U.S.
- 10.2.5.2. Canada
- 10.2.5.3. Mexico
- 10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
- 10.3. Haptics Technology - South America Segment Research
- 10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
- 10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
- 10.4.5.1. Brazil
- 10.4.5.2. Venezuela
- 10.4.5.3. Argentina
- 10.4.5.4. Ecuador
- 10.4.5.5. Peru
- 10.4.5.6. Colombia
- 10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
- 10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
- 10.5. Haptics Technology - Europe Segment Research
- 10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
- 10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
- 10.6.5.1. U.K
- 10.6.5.2. Germany
- 10.6.5.3. Italy
- 10.6.5.4. France
- 10.6.5.5. Netherlands
- 10.6.5.6. Belgium
- 10.6.5.7. Spain
- 10.6.5.8. Denmark
- 10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
- 10.7. Haptics Technology - APAC Segment Research
- 10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
- 10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 10.8.5. APAC Segment - Product type and Application Market Size
- 10.8.5.1. China
- 10.8.5.2. Australia
- 10.8.5.3. Japan
- 10.8.5.4. South Korea
- 10.8.5.5. India
- 10.8.5.6. Taiwan
- 10.8.5.7. Malaysia
13. Haptics Technology Market - Entropy
- 13.1. New product launches
- 13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Haptics Technology Market Company Analysis
- 13.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
- 13.2. Immersion Corporation
- 13.3. Texas Instruments, Inc.
- 13.4. AAC Technologies Holdings, Inc.
- 13.5. Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
- 13.6. Densitron Technologies PLC
- 13.7. Company 6
- 13.8. Company 7
- 13.9. Company 8
- 13.10. Company 9
- 13.11. Company 10 and more
14. Haptics Technology Market - Appendix
- 14.1. Abbreviations
- 14.2. Sources
15. Haptics Technology Market - Methodology
- 15.1. Research Methodology
- 15.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
- 15.1.2. Industry Databases
- 15.1.3. Associations
- 15.1.4. Company News
- 15.1.5. Company Annual Reports
- 15.1.6. Application Trends
- 15.1.7. New Products and Product database
- 15.1.8. Company Transcripts
- 15.1.9. R&D Trends
- 15.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
- 15.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"