About this market
Technavio's bakery products market analysis considers sales from bread and rolls, cakes and pastries, cookies, and others. Our analysis also considers the sales of bakery products in APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA. In 2018, the bread and rolls segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Factors such as increase in the demand for gluten-free products will play a significant role in the bread and rolls segment to maintain its market position. Also, our global bakery products market report looks at factors such as increasing retail value sales of private-label bakery products, strong distribution network between manufacturers and customers, and growing prominence of gluten-free bakery products. However, volatility of raw material prices, intense competition among vendors, and stringent regulations leading to product recalls may hamper the growth of the bakery products industry over the forecast period.
Growing prominence of gluten-free bakery products
Gluten is a type of protein which is responsible for giving foods elasticity and providing a chewy texture. People allergic to gluten suffer from digestive issues and celiac disease if consumed. Gluten-free products include bagels, baking mixes, muffins, rolls and buns, and others. The increasing number of product offerings under the gluten-free category from vendors will lead to the expansion of the global bakery products market at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
Growing popularity of clean-label and artisan bakery products
Health-conscious consumers seek products with all-natural and wholesome ingredients. Hence, there is an increase in demand for artisan bread which delivers unique, rich, decadent flavors and textures. Further, clean label is a simplification of the manufacturing process of bakery products with the minimal use of ingredients that are recognized and perceived as wholesome by consumers. This development is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
For the detailed list of factors that will drive the global bakery products market during the forecast period 2019-2023, view our report.
With the presence of several major players, the global bakery products market is fragmented. Technavio's robust vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading milk chocolate manufacturers, that include Associated British Foods Plc, Britannia Industries Ltd., Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV, Mondelez International Inc., Warburtons Ltd.
Also, the bakery products market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage on all forthcoming growth opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- 2.1 Preface
- 2.2 Preface
- 2.3 Currency conversion rates for US$
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
- PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY PRODUCT
- Market segmentation by product
- Comparison by product
- Bread and rolls - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Cakes and pastries - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Cookies - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Others - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by product
PART 07: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 08: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- North America - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- South America - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 09: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 10: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 11: MARKET TRENDS
- Increasing online presence of bakery product vendors
- Growing popularity of clean-label and artisan bakery products
- On-trade sales of bakery products
PART 12: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
PART 13: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- Associated British Foods Plc
- Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV
- Mondelez International Inc.
- Warburtons Ltd.
PART 14: APPENDIX
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
- Definition of market positioning of vendors
PART 15: EXPLORE TECHNAVIO