About this market
Technavio's binder market for lithium-ion batteries market analysis considers sales from both cathode binders and anode binders. Our analysis also considers the sales of binder market for lithium-ion batteries in APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA. In 2018, the cathode binders segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Factors such as less environmental impact and cost-effectiveness will play a significant role in the cathode binders' segment to maintain its market position. Also, our global binder market for lithium-ion batteries market report looks at factors such as increasing demand for electric and hybrid vehicles, adoption of sustainable and non-combustible energy sources, and significant growth of consumer electronics industry. However, presence of several substitutes for lithium-ion batteries, safety concerns related to lithium-ion batteries, and development of binder-free electrodes for lithium-ion batteries may hamper the growth of the binder market for lithium-ion batteries industry over the forecast period.
Significant growth of the consumer electronics industry
With the advent of new technologies such as IoT and cloud-based storage, there is a significant increase in the adoption of consumer electronic products. Advances in wireless telecommunication technology have increased the penetration of smartphones and other smart devices. The increasing literacy rate, economic growth, and rising purchasing power of consumers have increased the demand for electronic devices. Therefore, the rise in the number of sales of smart devices and consumer electronic products will lead to the expansion of the global binder market for lithium-ion batteries market at a CAGR of almost 22% during the forecast period.
Rising adoption of wearable technology
Wearable technology includes smart gadgets and devices that can be combined into clothing or worn as an accessory. Wearables are becoming lighter and smaller with the improvements in technology. Hence, the amount of energy provided by batteries must be adapted accordingly. Reliable batteries are essential for wearable devices that generate precise and continuous records of vital data. This, in turn, creates demand for lithium-ion batteries, leading the vendors of lithium-ion batteries to introduce new products in smart wearables. Thus, the availability and adoption of lithium-ion batteries in smart wearables is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
For the detailed list of factors that will drive the global binder market for lithium-ion batteries market during the forecast period 2019-2023, view our report.
With the presence of a few major players, the global binder market for lithium-ion batteries market is concentrated. Technavio's robust vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of few leading binder market for lithium-ion batteries manufacturers. These vendors include APV Engineered Coatings Inc., Arkema SA, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., JSR Corp., Kureha Corp., Solvay SA, Targray Technology International Inc., Ube Industries Ltd., Zeon Corp.
Also, the binder market for lithium-ion batteries market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage on all forthcoming growth opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- 2.1 Preface
- 2.2 Preface
- 2.3 Currency conversion rates for US$
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- Market segmentation by type
- Comparison by type
- Cathode binders - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Anode binders - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by type
PART 07: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 08: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY APPLICATION
- Market segmentation by application
- Comparison by application
- Power battery - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Energy storage battery - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Digital battery - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Others - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by application
PART 09: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- North America - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- South America - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 10: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 11: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 12: MARKET TRENDS
- Growing adoption of lithium-ion battery in energy storage
- Rising adoption of wearable technology
- Declining prices of lithium-ion batteries
PART 13: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
PART 14: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- APV Engineered Coatings Inc.
- Arkema SA
- Ashland Global Holdings, Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- JSR Corp.
- Kureha Corp.
- Solvay SA
- Targray Technology International Inc.
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- Zeon Corp.
PART 15: APPENDIX
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
- Definition of market positioning of vendors
PART 16: EXPLORE TECHNAVIO