This new first-edition "2021 Sponsored Diagnostic Equipment Survey Report" was designed to help market competitors better understand industry dynamics, gain important insights into leading trends, and explore surgeons' opinions regarding current and future technologies.
Market Scope surveyed US ophthalmologists during November and December 2021 to measure adoption of diagnostic technology, purchasing plans of capital equipment, and insight into the latest market trends.
US ophthalmologists from all surgical specialties (cataract, refractive, cornea, retina, glaucoma, and comprehensive) who self-registered on market-scope.com were invited to participate in this sponsored survey on diagnostics.
Questions included in the survey were developed by Market Scope in combination with companies that sponsor the survey. Question topics included, but were not limited to, the following:
- Purchasing decisions of capital equipment
- Budget for diagnostic equipment
- Revenue generated by diagnostic equipment
- Price sensitivity of devices
- Service contracts
- Adoption plans for diagnostic devices
- Use and integration of digital applications
- Visualization systems and artificial intelligence
- Company perceptions/ratings