저전압 직류 회로차단기 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2022-2027년)
Low Voltage DC Circuit Breaker Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
세계의 저전압 직류 회로차단기 시장은 2022-2027년간 CAGR 3.25% 이상을 기록하고, 2027년 시장 규모는 24억 5,000만 달러에 달할 것으로 예측됩니다.
The global low voltage DC circuit breaker market is expected to record a CAGR of more than 3.25% over the period of 2022-2027, reaching a market size of USD 2.45 billion by 2027. The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected the low voltage DC circuit breaker market. The number of new PV installations dropped 23% from Q1 to Q2 2020 in the United States. Since the DC circuit breaker is an essential component of the solar PV system, where it acts as a barrier between direct current and alternating current, the decrease in the number of solar installations halted the market's growth in line with the pandemic. Factors such as an increase in power consumption, the rise of an influx of renewable sources in the energy mix, and a rising number of data centers and electric vehicles are expected to drive the market over the forecast period. However, increased stability of electricity supply, which is reducing the need for circuit breakers, is likely to restrain the growth of the low voltage DC circuit breaker market over the coming years.
* The solar energy sector is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, owing to increasing investments in utility-size solar power plants.
* Globally, the focus has increased on investments in clean energy projects and the development of renewable energy. As a result, the extensive development of new renewable projects and growing electricity usage are likely to create an excellent opportunity for the low voltage DC circuit breaker market in the future.
* Asia-Pacific dominated the low voltage DC circuit breaker market in recent years and is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period, with a majority of the demand coming from China, Japan, South Korea, and India.
* The solar energy sector is expected to be the fastest-growing market for low voltage DC circuit breakers over the forecast period. Low voltage circuit breakers are used in both small-scale and utility-size solar projects to isolate faulty solar PV panels.
* A majority of installed capacity was added in the form of utility-scale solar farms, all of which use DC circuit breakers to address "first-fault" conditions, which correspond to the first unintentional connection to the earth, which is when the DC circuit breaker safely disconnects the photovoltaic array from the inverter under load conditions.
* As per the Solar Energy Industries Association, there was nearly 115 GW of under-construction and under-development solar projects in July 2020. The construction of these projects is expected to be a significant driver for the low voltage circuit breakers market. The developed countries of North America and Europe and developing countries of Asia-Pacific are the major hotspots for solar PV and, in turn, low voltage DC circuit breakers in the sector.
* Moreover, solar project developers reported that they have planned to make 3,616 MW of large-scale battery storage operational in the United States between 2020 and 2023. Therefore, an increase in the country's total battery energy storage projects is expected to boost the demand for the low voltage DC circuit breaker systems market.
* Increasing demand for clean energy is one of the primary drivers for the solar energy sector and, in turn, for the DC circuit breakers in the sector. Therefore, with an increase in the demand for clean energy, the solar energy sector is expected to grow and boost the low voltage DC circuit breakers market in the solar energy sector.
* Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing markets owing to increasing population, urbanization, and industrialization. As a result, the demand for clean energy is expected to increase, subsequently leading to higher demand for low voltage DC circuit breakers in the near future.
* In March 2020, the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a central public sector undertaking (CPSU) under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, announced that it was planning to enter into commercial operations and set up 5,000 MW of solar-wind-storage hybrid capacity over ten years. The plan of the corporation is to initially set up 500 MW of the 5,000 MW capacity at the cost of about INR 2,800 crore over the next two years, which will, in turn, support the growth of the low voltage DC circuit breaker market in the region.
* Further, solar projects with battery energy storage systems (BEES) are gradually gaining traction in India. In the past, SECI announced a few tenders incorporating BESS with solar projects. In September 2020, SECI announced tenders for a 100 MW (AC) solar power project along with a 50 MW/150 MWh battery energy storage system (BESS) to be developed in Chhattisgarh. In January 2020, SECI issued a tender for setting up 4 MW of grid-connected floating solar projects with 2 MW of battery energy storage system in Andaman. Therefore, an increase in energy storage systems is likely to increase the demand for low voltage DC circuit breakers.
* Moreover, the Chinese government had set 12% of New Energy Vehicles (NEV) share mandates for 2020. Non-Chinese brands account for approximately 50% of the total passenger car sales. Most of these cars are produced in China, in joint ventures (JVs) with Chinese companies.
* These factors are likely to propel the demand for low voltage DC circuit breakers in the region during the forecast period.
The low voltage DC circuit breaker market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include ABB Ltd, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Fuji Electric Co. Ltd, and Siemens AG, among others.