The waterjet cutting machine market is estimated to register a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period.
- The fast industrialization that has led to the growth of end-use industries like automotive, manufacturing, and others is the main driver of the waterjet cutting machine market. Robotic waterjet cutting machines and the introduction of automation in the manufacturing sector have substantially impacted market growth. In the APAC region, there is a sizable market for waterjet cutting devices.
- Waterjet cutters require less setup time and can cut a wide variety of materials. They can be set up with many heads that operate simultaneously to maximize productivity, and they can accommodate all sizes of product runs, including prototype runs, with efficiency. Advanced technologies like 3D cutting and multi-axis waterjet cutting could be introduced to make waterjet cutting easier and more widely used.
- Due to lockdowns caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, several products related to the waterjet cutting machine market were no longer produced. As a result, businesses that make waterjet cutting machines had to stop production, which hampered their market growth. However, in recent times, many operators have reopened and are operating at full capacity. By the beginning of 2023, this is anticipated to aid in the market's recovery. Equipment and machinery manufacturers must concentrate on safeguarding their personnel, supply networks, and operations to deal with urgent problems and implement new working procedures now that COVID-19 is finally over.
Waterjet Cutting Machine Market Trends
Growth Potential of Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Machines
Water is sprayed at the workpiece during the innovative, non-traditional abrasive cutting technique known as waterjet abrasive machining to dissolve oxidized materials and polish and shape metals like cast iron, aluminum, steel, and granite. The abrasive waterjet systems' machining capacity is increased when an abrasive jet machining method is combined with a CNC machine, enabling hassle-free component production and decreasing operational time and costs.
- During this process, the abrasive material is typically pumped into the cutting apparatus using two different systems: suspension jet systems and injection jet systems. However, the actual task of cutting the material is done by the abrasive particle. Water's only function is to guide abrasive particles to the correct cutting point and accelerate them to a speed appropriate for cutting. In conventional or mechanical drilling processes, abrasive waterjet cutting offers some advantages like no thermal effect, high machining variety, high flexibility, high productivity, and minimal cutting force.
- Industry 4.0 is driving steady growth in the market for abrasive waterjet cutting machines. Additionally, the market is driven by the globally expanding heavy industry and tool manufacturing sectors. The market would expand because of increasing abrasive cutting applications for innovative waterjet technology. The market demand is driven by the expanding use of polishing tasks on abrasive waterjet cutting machines in the metal production sectors. Abrasive waterjet cutting is required for every job involving stone cutting, fabrication, woodworking, or even the cutting of hard rubber.
- Waterjet technology has advanced significantly in recent years, eliminating the problems of stream lag and tapering in 3D cutting. Abrasive waterjet machines offer significant benefits for achieving high-precision machining. The ability to machine without a refrigerant and produce intricate forms and cuts with great surface smoothness are two major advantages. Abrasive waterjet cutting machines also have the advantages of being less expensive, environmentally friendly, and producing non toxic byproducts.
Brazilian manufacturers of all sizes, from one-man shops to major OEMs, are discovering that the abrasive waterjet cutting technique is the perfect addition to their other manufacturing procedures. In many instances, this machinery can swiftly produce a finished, usable part. However, it can also provide a nearly finished or shaped blank area that is appropriate for subsequent processing using traditional methods. The efficiency of traditional operations is not diminished by the abrasive waterjet process because it does not affect the material qualities. This equipment's ability to nest closely maximizes material usage in the process as well.
Implementation of Waterjet Cutting Automation Process Across Major Industries
- The adoption of automation technologies has been greatly influenced by the evolution of technological advancements and innovation throughout manufacturing units. By utilizing tools like robotics and control systems to improve manufacturing procedures, automation has increased throughout industries. Automation has changed the manufacturing process in the industrial waterjet-cutting machine sector by reducing production costs and time.
- Automation in waterjet cutting systems is improving efficiency and making workplaces safer at transportation hubs. It is promoting product development and enabling staff to master new technologies in the medical device sector. Additionally, it is paving the way for new production techniques and an era of autonomous aircraft in the aerospace industry. Over the past few years, the waterjet automation market has experienced tremendous growth.
- Because of its adaptability in cutting several materials, including composites, combustible materials, metals, and glass, waterjet cutting technology is becoming more popular among various industries. The equipment can cut steel plates that are up to 10 inches thick using either pure water or a solution of water and abrasive material. For instance, the Mach line of waterjet cutting machines from Flow International Corporation can cut materials up to 24 inches thick. The technology also makes it possible to quickly drill or cut small details or precise designs in stones, glass, and metals, among other tasks.
- Another element that has affected the use of waterjet cutting machines among industries is technological innovation and advancement. Some of the key developments that assist end users in increasing their productivity and producing precise cutting operations include micro, 3D, and robotic waterjet cutting machines (WCMs). For example, WARDJet, which is based in Ohio and makes equipment for waterjet cutting, uses robotic automation for waterjet cutting to make weld test samples for the aerospace, automotive, electronic, and textile industries.
- With a surge in demand for more modern equipment, it is projected that the need for waterjet cutting machines will increase significantly every year. The end-user industries are becoming more interested in the development of waterjet pressure levels above the typical ultra-high-pressure levels of 50,000 psi. In contrast to other lasers, oxy-fuel, or plasma-cutting machines, the waterjet cutting machines use a high-pressure level jet and cold-cutting technology to give a clean edge and eliminate warping and distortion. The market is likely to grow even more as the global market for automation, which includes many cutting-edge technologies and processes, grows.
Waterjet Cutting Machine Industry Overview
The waterjet cutting machine market's competitive landscape is observed to be fragmented, with many local players operating in the market. To establish themselves in the international market, major suppliers of waterjet cutting machines are putting their efforts into developing items that are streamlined with cutting-edge technologies. The growing governmental support for using pure waterjet technology is another reason supporting this market's expansion.
OMAX Corporation, Enovis (Colfax Corporation), Flow International Corporation, Resato International B.V., and Belotti SPA are some of the leading players operating in the waterjet cutting machine market.
Some other major players in the market are KMT Waterjet, Hypertherm Inc., Jet Edge Inc., Dardi International Corporation, Jekran Ltd., International Waterjet Machines, Kennametal Inc., CERATIZIT S.A., GMA Garnet Pty. Ltd., Hornet Cutting Systems, etc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS & DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Current Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Market Opportunities
- 4.5 Technological Advancements
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Robotic Waterjet Cutting
- 5.1.2 3D Waterjet Cutting
- 5.1.3 Micro Waterjet Cutting
- 5.2 End-User
- 5.2.1 Automative
- 5.2.2 Electronics
- 5.2.3 Aerospace
- 5.2.4 Construction
- 5.2.5 Mining Industry
- 5.2.6 Other Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.3.2 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Russia
- 18.104.22.168 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.5 Middle East
- 18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of the Middle East
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Market Concentration Overview
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 OMAX Corporation
- 6.2.2 Enovis (Colfax Corporation)
- 6.2.3 Hypertherm Inc.
- 6.2.4 Flow International Corporation
- 6.2.5 Wardjet, Belotti SPA
- 6.2.6 KMT Waterjet
- 6.2.7 Resato International B.V.
- 6.2.8 Jet Edge Inc.
- 6.2.9 Dardi International Corporation
- 6.2.10 Jekran Ltd
- 6.2.11 International Waterjet Machines
- 6.2.12 Kennametal Inc.
- 6.2.13 CERATIZIT S.A.
- 6.2.14 GMA Garnet Pty. Ltd.
- 6.2.15 Hornet Cutting Systems*
7 FUTURE OF THE MARKET