The factors driving the market growth include an increase in unplanned pregnancies, rise in disposable income, along with the changing lifestyles, and growing literacy rates.
- Unplanned pregnancy rate in the United States is significantly higher than in any other developed country. According to a 2017 report from the Guttmacher Institute in the United States, it is estimated that 52% of unintended pregnancies result from couples not using any contraceptives, 43% result from inconsistent or incorrect contraceptive use, and only 5% result from contraceptive failure.
- Almost 44% pregnancies in Europe and 38% in Asia are unplanned, leading to high demand for pregnancy detection kits. The rate of unplanned pregnancies have been increasing worldwide. Pregnancy detection kit is one of the primary and easy ways for women to check if they are pregnant or not. Thus, the demand for pregnancy detection kits is expected to increase in the future.
- However, women in low-income countries are not properly aware of the pregnancy detection kits and most of the times, such kits are not easily accessible to such women. Easy-to-use, highly accurate dip-strip tests can be purchased from manufacturers for less than ten cents.
- Furthermore, in low-income countries, pregnancy test kits are not readily available and the lack of awareness along with a low literacy rate of women further restricts the sale of pregnancy kits in these countries.
- Thus, factors, such as lack of awareness and lack of availability of pregnancy test kits, are likely to impede the growth of the market studied
Key Market Trends
Blood test for HCG is Expected to Show Lucrative Growth in the Future
The human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) blood test is a quantitative test that measures the level of hCG hormone present in a sample of the blood; hCG is a hormone produced in the female body during pregnancy. During the course of pregnancy, the cells in the developing placenta produce hCG. The placenta in the sacs nourishes the egg after it is fertilized and attaches to the uterine wall. The hCG hormone is first detected in the female blood sample about 11 days after conception, and the level of hCG continues to double after 48 to 72 hours. Once they reach the peak- which occurs around 8 to 11 weeks after conception - the hCG levels decline and then remain stable for the rest of the pregnancy. This HCG test is performed to confirm the pregnancy, determine the age of the fetus, diagnose a potential miscarriage, and diagnose an abnormal pregnancy. Therefore, due to the growth of planned and unplanned pregnancies, HCG tests are recommended by doctors, which helps to drive the global market.
North America Dominates the Market and is Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America dominates the pregnancy detection kits market, due to the growing awareness regarding pregnancy detection kits and the growing expenditure on personal care products. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow tremendously during the forecast period, owing to numerous factors, such as a rise in disposable income in developing economies, well-established distribution channel, and growing awareness regarding pregnancy product through strong family planning activities conducted by government organizations.
The pregnancy detection kits market is highly competitive and consists of a number of players. Companies, like Abbott Laboratories, Axis Medicare, BioMerieux SA, Cardinal Health, Church & Dwight, Germaine Laboratories, Mankind Pharma, Piramal Enterprises, Procter & Gamble Co., and Quidel Corporation, hold the substantial market share in the pregnancy detection kits market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increase in Unplanned Pregnancies
- 4.2.2 Rise in Disposable Income
- 4.2.3 Changing Lifestyles and Growing Women Literacy Rate
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Lack of Availability and Awareness in Low Income Countries
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Line Pregnancy Tests
- 18.104.22.168 Test Cassette Format
- 22.214.171.124 Test Strip Format
- 126.96.36.199 Test Midstream Format
- 5.1.2 Digital Devices
- 5.2 Type of Test
- 5.2.1 Urine test for HCG
- 5.2.2 Blood test for HCG
- 5.3 Distribution Channel
- 5.3.1 Hospital Pharmacies
- 5.3.2 Independent Pharmacies and Drug Store
- 5.3.3 Online Pharmacies
- 5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Middle-East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 GCC
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
- 5.4.5 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
- 6.1.2 Axis Medicare
- 6.1.3 BioMerieux SA
- 6.1.4 Cardinal Health Inc.
- 6.1.5 Church & Dwight Co, Inc.
- 6.1.6 Germaine Laboratories
- 6.1.7 Mankind Pharma
- 6.1.8 Piramal Enterprises Ltd
- 6.1.9 Procter & Gamble Co.
- 6.1.10 Quidel Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS