※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문 목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계 가스치환포장(MAP) 시장은 2019년 129억 7,000 달러에 달한 것으로 추정되며, 2020-2025년간 5.55%의 연평균 복합 성장률(CAGR)로 확대되어 2025년에는 182억 8,000 달러에 달할 것으로 예측됩니다. 유엔 식량농업기구(FAO)에 따르면, 인간을 위해 생산된 모든 식품의 약 3분의 1에 해당하는 약 13억 톤이 매년 전세계에서 폐기되고 있습니다, 식품 폐기물 감축이 급선무인 가운데 포장 솔루션에 집중할 필요성이 강조되고 있습니다.
세계의 가스치환포장(MAP: Modified Atmosphere Packaging) 시장을 조사했으며, 충전 가스·포장재·포장 식품·기술·지역별 시장 동향 분석과 예측, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인, 경쟁 환경, 주요 기업 프로파일 등에 대해 정리헀습니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 억제요인 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 시장 성장 억제요인
- 업계의 매력 - Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 신규 진출기업의 위협
- 구매자/소비자의 교섭력
- 공급업체의 협상력
- 대체품의 위협
- 업계 내 경쟁
- 기술 개요
제5장 시장 세분화
- 포장 가스별
- 최종사용자 용도별
- 가금류, 해산물, 육류 제품
- 베이커리 및 제과
- 과일 및 야채
- 기타 최종사용자 용도
- 중동 및 아프리카
제6장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- Coveris Holdings SA
- Praxair Inc.
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Bemis Company Inc.
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- LINPAC Packaging Limited
- Multisorb Technologies Inc.
- Robert Reiser & Co. Inc.
- Dansensor A/S
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Amcor Limited
- CVP Systems, Inc.
- Orics Industries, Inc
제7장 투자 분석
제8장 시장 기회 및 향후 동향
The Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) Market was valued at USD 12.67 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 18.51 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). In the wake of COVID-19 the market faced supply chian disruptions as the entire world went under lockdown but as the demand for packaged food grew immediately the demand for modified atmosphere packaging market grew simultaneoulsy.
- Following an initial surge in panic-buying and stockpiling, consumers settled into a pattern of a lower number of frequent but larger shopping visits, which resulted in demand for food that lasts longer. For instance, according to the survey by LendingTree October 2020, about four in 10 US consumers mentioned they are going to the grocery store less often than they did pre-pandemic; however, the study also found that the average weekly grocery spending increased by 17% from USD 163 to USD 190.
- This has resulted in pressure on food manufacturers to increase the shelf life of their products as consumers are looking to store those products for longer periods of time for later consumption. This is where MAP is becoming a crucial part of food packaging.
- Moreover, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), around 1.3 billion metric ton or nearly one-third of all food produced for humans is wasted worldwide each year, world's food waste could be as high as 44% of the dry mass of agricultural crops since 795 million or around 11% of the world's population suffer from hunger, there is already a great deal of stress on food availability and thus the urgency to diminish food waste, highlighting the need to focus on packaging solutions.
- The MAP also plays an important role in enhancing the quality and decreasing the waste of products in the retail sector. For instance, the waste reduction from 5% to 1% in winter and 15% to 2% in summer was reported due to the use of retail MAP packaging for bananas.
- However, the application of MAP has stretched to maturity in certain categories, such as snacks, coffee, and processed meats. It is increasingly utilized in refrigerated, prepared convenience foods that meet consumer requirements for convenience, quality, variety, and health.
Key Market Trends
Carbon Dioxide is Expected to Hold a Major Position in the Market
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It has an oxidation-inhibiting and growth-inhibiting effects on most aerobic bacteria and molds. The gas is frequently used to increase the shelf life of food. The shelf life of packaged or stored food is normally longer, depending on the content of CO2.
- For this reason, the antimicrobial activity of CO2 is markedly greater at temperatures below 10℃, compared to 15℃ or higher. This has significant implications for MAP in food packaging. In some MAP applications, pack collapse is favored, for example, inflow wrapped cheese for retail sale.
- It effectively stops or reduces microbial activity and helps to retain texture. Soft cheeses can also be packaged in atmospheres with increased carbon dioxide levels and low oxygen levels to inhibit bacterial growth and rancidity. In packaging for hard cheeses, the carbon dioxide level is up to 100%, while in the case of soft cheeses, the level is usually restricted to 20-40%. However, in the case of bread spoilage, mold, an aerobic microorganism, can be effectively controlled by carbon dioxide and low oxygen content, which subsequently extends shelf-life.
- Meat and sausage products, especially raw meat, are expected to get spoilt, due to microbial growth, on account of their increased moisture and nutrient content. Apart from extraordinary hygiene standards and permanent cooling, modified atmospheres can considerably extend the shelf life of meat and sausage products. CO2 is the protective gas used in these types of packaging. With concentrations above 20%, CO2 can considerably decrease microbial growth.
North America is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The US modified atmosphere packaging industry is undergoing a push toward e-commerce platforms. Meals and snack bars are still relatively minor as a sales segment when online purchases are taken into consideration, although it is a growing segment. With subscription boxes and grocery pickups existing and available from online shopping, their augmented access may result in the growth of the market.
- The primary reasons driving the growth of the North American market are the increasing demand for fresh and quality packaged food, hygienic packaging of food, manufacturers' demand for extended shelf life, and on-the-go lifestyle. The advancements in food packaging technology and equipment, coupled with the swing towards easy-to-handle and convenient packaging, are also factors that drive the market growth.
- However, the increased cost of development and stringent government legislation are the factors that are hindering the growth of the market. On the other hand, to gain consumers' confidence in food safety, advanced packaging technology may act as a tool for product differentiation and can present multiple opportunities for the vendors in the market.
The Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) Market is reasonably competitive and consists of several major players. The market appears to be moderately concentrated. The market is prominently expanding with important technological advancements in multiple industrial sectors. Therefore, existing players are concentrating on maintaining their market presence by investing large amounts in research and development. Companies present in the market are focusing on strengthening their foothold in the MAP market through strategic alliances and investments in research and development.
- January 2021 - Amcor Plc, announced the 'Reducing CO2 Packaging' Label from the Carbon Trust can now be printed on Amcor packaging to demonstrate significant carbon footprint reductions. It's part of the company's lifecycle assessment service, which enables brands to measure their packaging's carbon footprint from raw materials through end-of-use.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Market Drivers
- 4.4.1 Rising Demand for Longer Shelf Life
- 4.4.2 Increasing Demand for Ready to Eat Food Items in the Developing Economies
- 4.5 Market Restraints
- 4.5.1 High Investment Costs for MAP Equipment
- 4.5.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations
- 4.6 Technology Snapshot
- 4.7 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5 MODIFIED ATMOSPHERE GAS DIRECTIVES
- 5.1 Gas Composition Testing
- 5.1.1 Random/Spot Testing
- 5.1.2 Non-Destructive Quality Testing
- 5.2 MAP Regulations
- 5.2.1 EU E-Numbers
- 5.2.2 EU Regulation 178/2002
- 5.2.3 US HACCP Requirements
- 5.3 MAP Retailer GFSI Standards
- 5.3.1 BRC Food Standard
- 5.3.2 IFS Standard
- 5.3.3 International Featured Standard
- 5.3.4 Food Safety System Certification
- 5.3.5 AIB International American Institute of Bakers
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 Packaging Gas
- 6.1.1 Oxygen
- 6.1.2 Nitrogen
- 6.1.3 Carbon Dioxide
- 6.1.4 Other Packaging Gases
- 6.2 Packaging Material
- 6.2.1 Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- 6.2.2 Polyethylene (PE)
- 6.2.3 Polypropylene (PP)
- 6.2.4 Other Packaging Materials
- 6.3 Application
- 6.3.1 Fruits and Vegetables
- 6.3.2 Poultry, Seafood, and Meat Products
- 6.3.3 Bakery and Confectionery
- 6.3.4 Other Application (Diary, Coffee Roaster, Cannabis, Transportation and Logistics, Among Others)
- 6.4 Geography
- 6.4.1 North America
- 6.4.2 Europe
- 6.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.4.4 Latin America
- 6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles*
- 7.1.1 Amcor PLC
- 7.1.2 Linde AG
- 7.1.3 Sealed Air Corporation
- 7.1.4 Praxair Inc.
- 7.1.5 Berry Global Inc.
- 7.1.6 Multisorb Technologies Inc.
- 7.1.7 Robert Reiser & Co. Inc.
- 7.1.8 Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- 7.1.9 StePac Inc.
- 7.1.10 Mondi Group
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET