The Global Anti-Snoring Market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 10.60% during the forecast period.
As per a study titled, ''A systematic review of COVID-19 and obstructive sleep apnoea'', published in September 2020, which observes that obstructive sleep apnea may increase the risk of morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19. Thus, such instances are expected to positively impact the demand for anti-snoring devices.
An increase in obesity and the geriatric population, increasing smoking and alcohol consumption, technological advancements in anti-snoring devices and increased awareness among the people are the key factors responsible for the growth of the market.
Weight gain is a major contributor to the habit of snoring because the peculiarities in weight gain are added in the elder population. According to a study titled, ''Obesity Prevalence in the Long-Term Future in 18 European Countries and in the USA'', published in October 2020, obesity is expected to reach maximum levels between the year 2030 and 2052 among men, and among women in the year 2026 and 2054. The Netherlands, USA, and UK, and Switzerland are likely to hit these maximum levels first. Thus, this rising burned of obesity among people is expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Furthermore, the increasing number of geriatric population is also expected to contribute tremendously in the market growth. As per the World Ageing Population report, in 2019, about 702.9 million people living were aged 65 years and above and this number is expected to reach at 1,548.9 million by the year 2050. Thus, the aforementioned factors indicate that the increasing geriatric population and the rise in obesity are among the major factors for the growth of the anti-snoring market, globally.
Key Market Trends
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Devices Sub-segment is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share in the Devices Segment
In the devices segment of the anti-snoring market, the continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices sub-segment is believed to have the largest market size. Amidst this pandemic situation, the demand for CPAP machines and masks is expected to rise since CPAP devices have shown beneficial effects on managing the symptoms of COVID-19, such as ease in breathing. As per a study titled, ''CPAP management of COVID-19 respiratory failure: a first quantitative analysis from an inpatient service evaluation'', in 2020, CPAP was found to be a potential tool in the treatment of early-stage COVID-19 patients.
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices are used in cases of airway blockages, in order to open up the blocked airways by pushing air into them. The CPAP has a pump that controls the air pressure in the system and consists of a tube carrying air toward the mask attached to the nose and mouth. CPAP devices help in easing the functioning of the airway and help the person get a night of sound sleep, in turn, increasing their demand.
The companies are constantly engaged in the development of CPAP products via product innovation, mergers, acquisition, etc, in order to grow their presence in the market. This is expected to accelerate the market growth. For instance, in September 2020, CPAP Store USA, one of the pioneer in CPAP machines introduced it's own CPAP Store USA brand. It is a retail store that will be selling it's products including CPAP wipes, CPAP tubing, CPAP Filters, Chinstraps, CPAP machine travel bags and backpacks and others.
Also, in June 2019, InnAccel introduced SAANS, a CPAP system in the market. It is one of the world's first infrastructure-independent, portable and neonatal CPAP system that provides the constant flow of air, preventing the airway to collapse. Also, it eliminates the vibration of tissue that causes snoring. Hence, CPAP devices are expected to experience growth over the forecast period.
North America Dominates the Market and is Expected to do Same During the Forecast Period
North America currently dominates the anti-snoring market and is expected to continue its stronghold for a few more years. With the emergence of COVID-19, the market is expected to observe a positive impact. The study published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2020, identified sleep apnea as one of the risk factors among COVID-19 patients. Such studies indicate the need for anti-snoring devices among these patients, as snoring is often associated with sleep apnea.
According to the data of Sleep Foundation, in the United States, in 2019, about 57% of the men and 40% of the women were living with the snoring condition. Furthermore, the rising obese population and the elderly population are also expected to fuel the market studied. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019, the United States obesity rate was accounted to be approximately 42.4%, an increase of 26% since 2008. Thus, the rising patient population is boosting the regional market growth.
However, owing to new technologies that are constantly being developed pertaining to the market, the diagnosis of these snoring diseases has been effective and treatments are proving to be more helpful to patients. Thus, the rising awareness among patients regarding the effectiveness of anti-snoring devices and surgeries, and the easy availability of advanced detecting procedures across the world, are resulting in the increased demand for anti-snoring devices and surgeries.
The anti-snoring market is majorly fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with technological advancement and product innovation, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by introducing new ingredients with less prices. Companies, like Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited, Koninklijke Philips NV, ResMed, ASF Medical GmbH (Tomed GmbH), and Apnea Sciences hold a substantial market share in the global anti-snoring market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increase in Obesity and Geriatric Population
- 4.2.2 Increasing Smoking and Alcohol Consumption
- 4.2.3 Technological Advancements in Anti-Snoring Devices
- 4.2.4 Increased Awareness in the Developed Markets
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 High Costs of Custom-made Oral Devices
- 4.3.2 Poor Efficacy and Lack of Scientific Validation of the Anti-snoring Devices
- 4.3.3 Social Stigma Associated with Snoring
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Treatment Technique
- 5.1.1 By Device Types
- 22.214.171.124 Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD)
- 126.96.36.199 Tongue Stabilizing Devices (TSD)
- 188.8.131.52 Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Devices
- 184.108.40.206 Other Device Types
- 5.1.2 By Surgical Procedure
- 220.127.116.11 Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
- 18.104.22.168 Somnoplasty
- 22.214.171.124 Pillar Procedure
- 126.96.36.199 Tonsillectomy
- 188.8.131.52 Radiofrequency Palatoplasty
- 184.108.40.206 Other Surgical Procedures
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Australia
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Middle East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
- 5.2.5 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Apnea Sciences
- 6.1.2 ASF Medical GmbH (Tomed GmbH)
- 6.1.3 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
- 6.1.4 Koninklijke Philips NV
- 6.1.5 Lear Corporation (AccuMED Corp.)
- 6.1.6 Meditas
- 6.1.7 Mitsui Chemicals (Whole You Inc.)
- 6.1.8 ResMed
- 6.1.9 SomnoMed
- 6.1.10 The Pure Sleep Company
- 6.1.11 Innovative Health Technologies
- 6.1.12 GlaxoSmithKline
- 6.1.13 Rotech Healthcare
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS