The global household cleaners market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023.
Globally, household cleaners market is growing due to increasing product innovation from the key players. Growing concern regarding bacteria, germs and allergens in the home have led to the increasing demand of products with disinfectant and antimicrobial properties. Consumer preference in fragrances is playing key role in the growth of the market. For instance, recent international survey conducted by IFRA UK and the European Cleaning Journal (ECJ), fragrance is considered to be one of the most important factors for cleaning products. Increasing demand for convenience cleaning products has contributed to the growth of new household cleaning products such as Procter & Gamble's Swiffer and Reckitt Benckiser's Lysol Ready Brush.
Product Innovation Will Drive the Growth of the Household Cleaners Market
Rising health and hygienic concerns among individuals and desire to get rid of bacteria, dust, germs, and dirt, are driving the growth of household cleaners market. Availability of various household cleaning products to clean and wash bathrooms, dishes, and laundry, furniture, floor, glass, and mirrors supporting the market growth across the globe. Growing innovation in fragrances, packaging, and ingredients is playing key role in the growth of household cleaners market. For instance, inclination of consumer towards premium products as that of Amway.
Online Distribution Channels to Witness Fastest Growth during the Forecast Period
The household cleaners market is led by the store based distribution channel segment as reach of household cleaning product through supermarkets and convenience stores is high in developing countries. Growing number of small business houses, which provide grocery products online, is influencing the sales of various household cleaning products from last few years. Many online grocery retailers create events to drive sales through themed promotions, such as with the Halloween/Christmas and Rugby World Cup. The seamless shopping experience with the dominance of private label brands and rising internet penetration is encouraging consumers to buy household cleaning products online.
Increasing Demand of Kitchen Cleaners Expected to Witness demand in Asia-Pacific Region
North America region is likely to hold significant market share over the forecast period due to increased demand of chemical free surface cleaners in the region. In Asia-Pacific, increasing preference for healthy lifestyle and growing concerns about the side effects of infectious diseases on health are supporting the demand for household cleaners in the Europe region. Significant changes in the living standards and growing urbanization in developing countries in India and China are expected to boost the sales of various household cleaners in Asia-Pacific region. In Asia-Pacific region, China is likely to continue its dominance due to growing demand of kitchen cleaners along with various kitchen appliances.
Key Developments in the Household Cleaners Market
Feb 2018: Procter & Gamble Co. had five new products recognized as winners in the annual Product of the Year USA competition for innovative consumer packaged goods, which was more than any other manufacturer. "Cascade Platinum" is one of the P&G product which won the award.
Jun 2018: The State Department of Environmental Conservation announced the launch of the state's new disclosure program for chemicals in household cleaning products. According to DEC, New York is the first state in the nation to require manufacturers to disclose chemical ingredients in cleaning products.
Household Cleaners Market Competitive Landscape
Household Cleaners Market Major Key Players are Colgate-Palmolive Company, The Procter & Gamble Company, Henkel Ag & Co. Kgaa, Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, Bombril Holding Sa, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Kao Corporation, Goodmaid Chemicals Corporation Sdn. Bhd., S.C. Johnson & Son Inc., And Mcbride Plc.
Reasons to Purchase Household Cleaners Market Report
Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter's five forces analysis
Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of Household Cleaners Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of Study
- 1.2 Study Deliverables
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
- 1.4 Research Phases
2. HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MARKET INSIGHTS
- 2.1 Market Overview
- 2.2 Market Trends
- 2.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MARKET DYNAMICS
- 3.1 Drivers
- 3.2 Restraints
- 3.3 Opportunities
4. HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 4.1 Product Type
- 4.1.1 Surface Cleaners
- 4.1.2 Glass Cleaners
- 4.1.3 Fabric Cleaners
- 4.1.4 Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 4.1.5 Others
- 4.2 Application
- 4.2.1 Kitchen
- 4.2.2 Bathroom
- 4.2.3 Others
- 4.3 Distribution Channel
- 4.3.1 Supermarkets/Hypermarket
- 4.3.2 Convenience Stores
- 4.3.3 E-commerce
- 4.3.4 Others
5. HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- 5.1 North America Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.1 US Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.2 Canada Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.3 Mexico Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.4 Rest of North America
- 5.2 Europe Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.1 Spain Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.2 UK Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.3 Germany Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.4 France Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.5 Italy Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.6 Russia Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.7 Rest of Europe
- 5.3 Asia-Pacific Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.1 China Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.2 Japan Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.3 India Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.4 Australia Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4 South America Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.1 Brazil Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.2 Argentina Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.3 Rest of South America
- 5.5 Middle East & Africa Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.1 South Africa Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.2 Saudi Arabia Household Cleaners Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MARKET COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Most Active Companies
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. COMPANY PROFILES
- 7.1 Colgate-Palmolive Company
- 7.2 The Procter & Gamble Company
- 7.3 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 7.4 Unilever
- 7.5 Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
- 7.6 Bombril Holding SA
- 7.7 Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- 7.8 Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- 7.9 Kao Corporation
- 7.10 Goodmaid Chemicals Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
- 7.11 S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.
- 7.12 McBride plc.