The global hand sanitizer market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Growing consumer inclination towards health & wellness and product innovation such as addition of alcohol free ingredients in formulation of sanitizers are projected to boost the growth of the global hand sanitizer market. Additionally, improvement in living standards, increase in awareness about hand hygiene, and rising support from organization such as WHO, FDA is driving the market growth. Also, increasing demand for convenient refillable dispenser is likely to play key role in the market growth. Key players are trying to capture this opportunity with innovation in packaging. For instance, the NXT dispenser by Purell is a refillable dispenser for liquid hand sanitizer and is an option for higher volume usage such as public restrooms, healthcare facilities and schools; these hand sanitizer dispensers are available in manual, push or automatic styles.
Innovation in Packaging and Ingredients to Drive Hand Sanitizer Market Growth
Given increasing concern for health and environment risks associated with personal hygiene products, key players are focusing on innovation to introduce different types of hand sanitizers such as eco-friendly had sanitizers. For instance, PURELL has launched a green hand sanitizer that is made with plant-based ethanol and sold in a recyclable PET plastic container. Additionally, innovation in personal care product packaging has boosted the sales of hand sanitizers which are available in small-sized bottles and easy to carry. Moreover, availability of hand sanitizer products with different fragrances is attracting consumers which is likely to boost the market growth in upcoming years. Numerous facilities such as prisons, rehab centers, daycare centers, long term facilities, schools, and pediatric offices are increasing their demand for alcohol free hand sanitizers due to heightened public awareness of the dangerous risks and side effects of alcohol contained hand sanitizers. This factor is likely to drive the sales of alcohol free hand sanitizer market.
Hand Sanitizer in Gel Form to Witness Significant Growth Rate during the Forecast Period
Gel-based hand sanitizers are likely to hold significant market share during the forecast period, 2018-2023 due to easy availability in the market and it is more effective to eradicate germs as compared to spray and other type of hand sanitizers. Nevertheless, foam-based hand sanitizer is expected to witness higher growth rate as it is relatively smaller than other forms of hand sanitizer and foam hand sanitizers easily cling to hands during the application of the products. Foam hand sanitizers are more expensive compared to other type of hand sanitizers.
Growing Demand for Personal Hygiene Products to Drive Hand Sanitizer Market Growth in Asia-Pacific Region
In developed economies, hand sanitizers are considered to be much more effective compared to regular soaps as it kills more microorganisms than soaps do. In Asia-Pacific, hand sanitizers have been significantly growing from last few years, mainly due to the rising awareness among the consumers over the need for hygiene which would prevent the spread of contagious diseases. The increasing expenditure towards personal hygiene products is expected to be a major reason for the rise in the hand sanitizer market in the in the Asia-pacific region. The sales of hand sanitizer in Europe region is mainly driven by growing innovations in the hand sanitizers such as new fragrance formulation and convenience packaging. For example, hand sanitizer which contains aloe vera to increase skin hydration and preserve skin's health is witnessing growth in sales in Europe region.
Key Developments in the Hand Sanitizer Market
Sep 2016: To educate and encourage the public to keep their hands clean, Unilever Singapore has partnered with Moove Media to place Lifebuoy hand sanitisers at eight MRT stations as part of their promotional campaign named "Lifebuoy Infection Alert System."
Jun 2018: Purell has introduced onthego packaging solutions with mini bottles of their hand sanitizer gel in a 3pack speciality carton.this bottle features a handy rubber carrier that allows the bottle to easily attach to a backpack or bag of customer.
Hand Sanitizer Market Competitive Landscape
Hand Sanitizer Market Major Key Players are- Chattem, Inc., Procter & Gamble (P&G) Company, 3M Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, Unilever Plc, Bath & Body Works, LLC, GOJO Industries, Inc, Best Sanitizers, Inc, Deb Group Ltd, Henkel Group, Medline Industries, Inc, and Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
Reasons to Purchase Hand Sanitizer Market Report
Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter's five forces analysis
Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of Hand Sanitizer Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of Study
- 1.2 Study Deliverables
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
- 1.4 Research Phases
2. Hand Sanitizer Market Insights
- 2.1 Hand Sanitizer Market Overview
- 2.2 Hand Sanitizer Market Trends
- 2.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Hand Sanitizer Market Dynamics
- 3.1 Drivers
- 3.2 Restraints
- 3.3 Opportunities
4. Hand Sanitizer Market Segmentation
- 4.1 Product Type
- 4.1.1 Gel
- 4.1.2 Liquid
- 4.1.3 Spray
- 4.1.4 Foam
- 4.2 Distribution Channel
- 4.2.1 Hypermarket/supermarket
- 4.2.2 Convenience Stores
- 4.2.3 Pharmaceutical Stores
- 4.2.4 E-commerce
- 4.2.5 Others
- 4.3 End User
- 4.3.1 Household purpose
- 4.3.2 Hotels & restaurants
- 4.3.3 Hospitals
- 4.3.4 Others
5. Hand Sanitizer Market Regional Analysis
- 5.1 North America Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.1 US Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.2 Canada Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.3 Mexico Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.4 Rest of North America
- 5.2 Europe Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.1 Spain Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.2 UK Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.3 Germany Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.4 France Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.5 Italy Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.6 Russia Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.7 Rest of Europe
- 5.3 Asia-Pacific Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.1 China Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.2 Japan Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.3 India Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.4 Australia Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4 South America Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.1 Brazil Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.2 Argentina Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.3 Rest of South America
- 5.5 Middle East & Africa Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.1 South Africa Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.2 Saudi Arabia Hand Sanitizer Market Share (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Lansdscape
- 6.1 Most Active Companies
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
- 7.1 Chattem, Inc.
- 7.2 Procter & Gamble (P&G) Company
- 7.3 3M Company
- 7.4 Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc.
- 7.5 Unilever Plc.
- 7.6 Bath & Body Works, LLC.
- 7.7 GOJO Industries, Inc.
- 7.8 Best Sanitizers, Inc.
- 7.9 Deb Group Ltd.
- 7.10 Henkel Group
- 7.11 Medline Industries, Inc.
- 7.12 Kimberly-Clark Corporation.