공캡슐 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2020-2025년)
Empty Capsules Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2021년 03월
|| 상품 코드
| 페이지 정보
공캡슐 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2020-2025년)
Empty Capsules Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
|발행일 : 2021년 03월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계의 공캡슐(Empty Capsules) 시장에 대해 조사 분석하고, 시장 개요, 시장 역학, 시장 세분화, 지역별 시장 분석, 경쟁 상황, 주요 기업 등에 대해 체계적인 정보를 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 상황 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 의약품 사용 증가
- 공캡슐의 기술적 진보
- 노인 인구 증가
- 시장 성장 저해요인
- 젤라틴 가격 상승과 원료의 낮은 가용성
- 문화적 관행과 식사 제한
- Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 신규 진출기업의 위협
- 구매자/소비자의 교섭력
- 공급업체의 협상력
- 대체품의 위협
제5장 시장 세분화
- 항생제 및 항균제
- 비타민과 식이보충제
- 제산제 및 항고혈압제
- 심혈관 치료제
- 기타 치료 용도
- 제약 산업
- 뉴트라슈티컬 산업
- 화장품 산업
- 중동 및 아프리카
제6장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- ACG Worldwide
- Bright Pharma Caps Inc.
- Capscanada Corporation
- Medi-Caps Ltd
- Roxlor LLC
- Snail Pharma Industry Co. Ltd
- Sunil Healthcare Limited
- Suheung Co. Ltd
제7장 시장 기회 및 향후 동향
Empty Capsules Market is valued at approximately USD 2,289 million in 2020 and is expected to witness a revenue of USD 3,513 million in 2026, with a CAGR of 7.4% over the forecast period.
The current COVID-19 pandemic is expected to positively impact the growth of the empty capsules market globally. As the development of strong immunity plays a vital role in fighting against viral infection, there has been an increasing demand for immunity boosters in the form of natural herbs and nutraceuticals. Apart from the basic hygienic practices, proper dietary and lifestyle behaviors are essential for the prevention and treatment of respiratory viral diseases, such as COVID-19. As per the research article published in 2020, every COVID-19 patient should be screened for malnutrition on admission and also need to assess for serum Vitamin D levels. Additionally, in March 2020, Stabilitech BioPharma Ltd developed a new oral capsule for the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic surges the demand for nutraceuticals, which in turn is expected to boost the studied market growth.
The key factors that boost the growth of the global empty capsules market include growth in popularity of capsules over other drug delivery forms and an increase in strategic collaborations between empty capsule suppliers and gelatin manufacturers. Also, the growing geriatric population worldwide increases the demand for various therapy drugs and dietary supplements, for better health outcomes. According to the United Nations, World Population Prospects: the 2019 Revision, by 2050, one in six people in the world will be over age 65, up from one in 11 in 2019. In addition, rapid advancements in capsule delivery technologies are set to supplement the market growth. However, ethical concerns, price fluctuations regarding gelatin material, and stringent regulations in the pharmaceutical industry are expected to hamper the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Cardiovascular Therapy Drugs is Expected to Witness a Healthy CAGR Over the Forecast Period
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are highly prevalent globally. According to the World Health Organization 2018, an estimated 17.9 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases worldwide, each year and the number is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030. Additionally, as per the American Heart Association Research Report 2018, Cardiovascular disease, listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 836,546 deaths in the United States. This is nearly 1 out of every 3 deaths in the country. About 2,300 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, which is an average of 1 death every 38 seconds. Also, according to the British Heart Foundation Centre, in 2018, around 7.4 million people were living with heart and circulatory diseases in the United Kingdom. More than 43,000 people under the age of 75 in the United Kingdom die from heart and circulatory diseases each year. The high incidence of cardiovascular diseases worldwide surges the demand for cardiovascular therapy drugs for effective treatment, which in turn drives the growth of the studied market.
Additionally, during the current COVID-19 era, the American College of Cardiology and the Canadian Cardiovascular Society have issued guidelines for the reintroduction of cardiac services during the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes Home-based Cardiac Rehabilitation, aimed at providing exercise training, dietary counseling, medication management, tobacco cessation counseling, and psychosocial assessment interventions, as per the research article published in American College of Cardiology, 2021. Hence, the increase in cardiac rehabilitation sessions is expected to boost the studied segment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Also, in September 2019, Lupin received approval from the Canadian health regulator for its Propranolol Hydrochloride extended-release capsules used for the treatment of hypertension and decreased frequency of angina. The, increasing product approvals is also expected to boost the studied segment over the forecast period.
Empty capsules are useful in masking the taste of cardiac therapy drugs. This prevents the patient from feeling nauseated. Hence as the prevalence of CVDs increases, the demand for cardiac therapy drugs will also increase. This factor will positively impact the empty capsules market.
North America Holds a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same over the Forecast Period
The major share for this region is due to the rising preference for capsule-based nutraceutical formulations. Since these nutraceuticals help in the prevention of major health problems, such as obesity, cancer, and arthritis, there has been an increase in the consumption of these nutraceuticals. Additionally, capsules are the most preferred solid oral dosage forms, and thus, the demand for empty capsules in the nutraceutical industry is high in this region.
Also, the growing burden of chronic diseases, along with the rising geriatric population in the United States is considered to be the major factor for the growth of the studied market in North America. According to the Population Reference Bureau's Population Bulletin-Aging in the United States, the number of Americans ages 65 and older is projected to nearly double from 52 million in 2018 to 95 million by 2060. Similarly, as per the CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements, 2019 report, 77 percent of Americans reported consuming dietary supplements. Also, the survey revealed that Vitamins and minerals were the most common supplements consumed by the American population in 2019, accounting for 76% of total dietary supplement consumption, followed by specialty supplements (40%), herbals and botanicals (39%), sports nutrition supplements (28%), and weight management supplements (17 %) in 2019.
However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the meat processing facilities were shut down, which limited the availability of gelatin. Additionally, due to the transport restrictions in the borders of various countries across the globe, North America is expected to be severely impacted on the supply chain of the gelatin capsule, which in turn is expected to hamper studied market growth in the region.
Moreover, the North American countries of the United States and Canada have a developed and well-structured health care system. These systems also encourage research and development. These policies encourage global players to enter the United States and Canada. As a result, these countries enjoy the presence of many global market players. As high demand is met by the presence of global players in the region, the market is further expected to increase over the forecast period.
The majority of the empty capsules are being manufactured by the global key players. Market leaders with more funds for research and a better distribution system have established their position in the market. The Empty Capsules Market is highly consolidated and consists of few major players. The Key players of the market include ACG Worldwide, Medi-Caps Ltd, LonzaGroup (Capsugel), Capscanada Corporation, Bright Pharma Caps Inc. among others. Moreover, Asia-pacific is witnessing an emergence of few small and medium-sized players due to the rise in awareness of empty capsules. Additionally, the key players are involved in strategic alliances and new product launches to secure the position in the competitive market. For instance, in Oct 2020, Lonza has invested CHF 85 million in its Capsules and Health Ingredients (CHI) Division, for the expansion of capsule manufacturing capacity by 30 billion capsules annually.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Pharmaceutical Applications
- 4.2.2 Technological Advancements in Empty Capsules
- 4.2.3 Growing Geriatric Population
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Rising Gelatin Prices and Lower Availability of Raw Materials
- 4.3.2 Cultural Practices and Dietary Restrictions
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product
- 5.1.1 Gelatin Capsules
- 5.1.2 Non-gelatin Capsules
- 5.2 By Functionality
- 5.2.1 Immediate-Release Capsules
- 5.2.2 Delayed-Release Capsules
- 5.2.3 Sustained-Release Capsules
- 5.3 By Therapeutic Application
- 5.3.1 Antibiotic and Antibacterial Drugs
- 5.3.2 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
- 5.3.3 Antacid and Antiflatulent Preparations
- 5.3.4 Cardiovascular Therapy Drugs
- 5.3.5 Other Therapeutic Applications
- 5.4 By End User
- 5.4.1 Pharmaceutical Industry
- 5.4.2 Nutraceutical Industry
- 5.4.3 Cosmetics Industry
- 5.4.4 Research Laboratories
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 Canada (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 France (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 220.127.116.11 Italy (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 Spain (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 5.5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 Japan (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 India (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 220.127.116.11 Australia (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 5.5.4 Middle East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 5.5.5 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America (By Product, By Functionality, By Therapeutic Application, and By End User)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 ACG Worldwide
- 6.1.2 Bright Pharma Caps Inc.
- 6.1.3 Capscanada Corporation
- 6.1.4 Lonza Group(Capsugel)
- 6.1.5 Medi-Caps Ltd
- 6.1.6 Qualicaps
- 6.1.7 Suheung Capsule Co. Ltd
- 6.1.8 Qingdao Yiqing Medicinal Capsules Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.9 Shanxi Guangsheng Medicinal Capsules Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.10 Healthcaps India Ltd.
- 6.1.11 Nectar Lifesciences Ltd.
- 6.1.12 Shanxi JC Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.13 Erawat Pharma Limited
- 6.1.14 Dolvis Bio Pharma Pvt Ltd
- 6.1.15 Alfa Caps LLC
- 6.1.16 ProTec Nutrs
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS