The Automotive Automated Parking System market is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 13%, during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Some of the major factors that will be driving the market during the forecast period are increasing number of vehicles, less space for parking in cities with high population and smart city initiatives by the governments will be responsible for major growth in the market.
- Automated parking systems are eco-friendly as they do not start the engine of the car during parking, which reduces the air pollution as well as the noise pollution in the region. It is expected that a fully automated parking system reduces air pollution by around 20-30 % compared to conventional parking systems.
- The automated parking system allows utilization of the parking space better than the conventional parking system as it allows more vehicles to be parked in the available space as circulation space and space to open doors in not required as in conventional parking. The automated parking system require 60% less building volume and 40% less area than traditional parking.
- However, the huge installation cost required for setting up the whole facility would hamper the growth in the market. The system includes advanced systems and sensors which provides convenience to the driver along with safety for both the driver and vehicle. These features involves huge capital investments and also the maintenance cost for the facility will be high.
Key Market Trends
Hardware Segment is Expected to be the Largest Segment
Based on system, automated parking system is divided into hardware and software. The hardware segment is expected to outperform the software segment. The hardware segment includes many important components like display systems, camera systems, various sensors, connectivity solutions etc. The major players in the segment are spending highly in Research and development to enhance the user experience and safety while parking the vehicles.
With the inclusion of latest technologies like internet of things, artificial intelligence and machine learning in automated parking system, big players like BOSCH and Daimler in July 2019, got approval from German regulators to run their automated driverless parking function without a human safety driver behind the wheel - making this the world's first fully automated driverless SAE Level 4 parking function to be officially approved for everyday use. The system will allow visitors to reserve vehicles from the facility using the application on their smartphones. Their vehicles will arrive to the designated pick-up spot in the parking garage autonomously. The vehicle would self-drive to the assigned parking spot which will be guided by the garage's infrastructure and the onboard sensors.
Europe is expected to be the largest market during the forecast period
According to European Automobile Manufacturers Association, number of motor vehicles on road in European union were reported to be 308.3 million, in 2018. With the outbreak of Covid-19, Europe has been one of the worst hit regions by the virus. This outbreak of virus is expected to increase the demand of vehicles in the region as people will avoid use of public transport and use more personal vehicles to maintain social distancing. This will increase more traffic on the road and eventually more parking space would be required for vehicles. With the presence of many big players of automated parking systems in the region and the attitude of people living in the region towards adaption of new technologies which are also environment friendly, Europe is expected to be the largest market for automated parking systems.
The government in the region is regulating the use of its land and other resources, so they are emphasizing on better utilization of these resources. For instance, the government of Netherlands introduced the Spatial planning act, which looks at the land use in the region.
The automated parking system is expected to reduce the pollution levels in the region, also reduce the parking space required for large fleet of vehicles and with the increasing number of vehicles in the world this solution will be very feasible to tackle most problems at the same time.
For instance, In January 2020, Klaus multiparking in collaboration with British construction and real estate company Lendlease and the architects MACE developed a fully automatic parking system MasterVario R3L from KLAUS Multiparking at Rathbone Square, London.
The Automotive Automated Parking System Market is fragmented, with many players accounting for significant amounts of shares in the market. Some of the prominent companies in the Automotive Automated Parking System market are Skyline Parking, Wohr Parking, Klaus multiparking system, Unitronics Corporation, Fata Automation and others. Companies are investing heavily in research and development for the innovation of new and advanced products and technologies that may help for new technology.
ShinMaywa Industries Ltd. received first order for its elevator-type car parking system, ELEPARK, in Bangkok, Thailand, and commenced local manufacturing operations in July 2019, Shinmayva Industries is one of the leaders, in parking solutions providers in Japan, with this agreement they are moving into new region and expanding their reach to Thailand region.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 System
- 5.1.1 Software
- 5.1.2 Hardware
- 5.2 End User
- 5.2.1 Residential
- 5.2.2 Commercial
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
- 18.104.22.168 Other Countries
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Skyline Parking
- 6.2.2 Unitronics Corporation
- 6.2.3 Wohr parking
- 6.2.4 Citylift
- 6.2.5 Dayang Parking Company Ltd.
- 6.2.6 Lodgie Industries
- 6.2.7 ShinMaywa Industries
- 6.2.8 Eito and Global
- 6.2.9 Fata Automation
- 6.2.10 Westfalia Parking
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS