반도체 및 전자부품 제조 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Semiconductor and Electronic Parts Manufacturing Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2022년 01월 || 상품코드
| 페이지 정보
|| 2-3일 (영업일 기준)
반도체 및 전자부품 제조 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Semiconductor and Electronic Parts Manufacturing Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|발행일 : 2022년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
소형화와 소비자용 디바이스(스마트) 전체에 사용되는 고성능의 에너지 효율이 높은 전자 디바이스에 대한 수요의 증가가 성장을 한층 더 촉진합니다. 반도체 업계 전체는 가전제품, 자동차 등의 분야에 의해 촉진되고 있으며, 이러한 업계는 무선 테크놀러지(5G) 및 인공지능 등의 테크놀러지 이동에 의해 추진되어 왔습니다. 전자기기 제조에는 또한 전자부품 및 인쇄회로기판(PCB) 어셈블리의 설계 및 엔지니어링, 조립, 제조 및 검사 서비스가 있습니다. OEM을 목적으로 하며, 자동 조립 장비에 대한 투자를 간소화합니다. 제조업체 프로바이더는 기업과 프로젝트에 따르며, 다양한 레벨의 자동화에 대응합니다.
현재 시장 시나리오에서는 랩톱, 스마트폰, 컴퓨터를 포함한 거의 모든 전자기기가 IC, PCB 및 기타 패키지를 사용하고 있으므로 제조에 대한 수요는 항상 증가하고 있습니다. MEMS, IC 제조, 광학 및 화합물 반도체에 대한 수요의 증가는 반도체 디바이스의 평탄화를 지원할 가능성이 있습니다. 아시아태평양의 시장 우위성은 MEMS 및 NEMS 등의 반도체 제조에 대한 수요의 증가에 의한 것입니다. 산업용 사물인터넷(IIoT)에서 새로운 테크놀러지의 소형화와 채택 및 5G에 의한 통신 강화에 의해 전자부품의 설계와 조립에 혁명이 일어났습니다. 예를 들면 5G 통신 기지국은 MIMO 등의 우수한 안테나 기술을 개발하며, 방사 소자의 수와 성능을 향상시켰습니다.
반도체 제조의 전체적인 수요는 가전제품, 자동차 등의 스마트폰 및 기타 애플리케이션에 의해 추진되고 있습니다. 이러한 업계는 무선 테크놀러지(5G), 인공지능 등의 기술 이동에 의해 추진되고 있습니다. 또한 증가 동향에 있는 사물인터넷(IoT) 디바이스는 지능형 제품을 실현하기 위해 반도체 업계에 이 기기에 대한 투자를 촉구할 것으로 전망됩니다. 호조인 시장 현황에서 반도체 기업(파운드리 및 OEM 포함)은 경쟁력을 유지하기 위해 상당한 금액을 소비하고 있으며, SEMI에 따르면 반도체 기기의 판매를 추진하고 있습니다. 아시아는 반도체 제조 시장 전체에서 계속해서 우위에 서있습니다. 또한 제조업체의 기존 능력이 최적의 이용률에 달하면 확대 목표를 촉진하기 위해 아웃소싱에 의지하는 동향이 있습니다.
또한 2019년 11월, Sanmina Corporation의 제품 부문인 Viking Enterprise Solutions는 NSS2249와 NVMe 스토리지 솔루션을 발표했습니다. 이 솔루션은 엣지 컴퓨팅용 스토리지, 고빈도 트레이딩, 데이터베이스 트랜잭션 처리, 계층형 스토리지, 슈퍼컴퓨팅 스토리지 등 기업 애플리케이션의 Throughput과 대역폭을 2배로 할 수 있습니다. 또한 NSS2249의 설계 개발에서는 PCIe4.0 사양에 기반하는 최신 세대의 AMDEPYC CPU 테크놀러지와 스토리지 드라이브가 도입되었습니다. 같은 해의 같은 시기에 Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc.는 분석 시험 및 교정용 진동 시험 시스템(ATC) 랩을 릴리스했습니다. 이 테스트 시스템은 제품의 강도, 내구성 및 조작중 또는 운송중 안전한 기능을 보증합니다.
최근 코로나바이러스의 팬데믹은 전 세계에서 제조되고 있는 반도체 및 전자부품에 큰 영향을 미칠 것으로 예상되고 있습니다. SEMI에 의한 새로운 분기 보고서는 2020년 하반기 반도체 제조의 2개 시장 시나리오를 제시했습니다. 우선, 반도체 업계에 대한 COVID-19의 영향을 둘러싼 불확실성에서 반도체 판매량이 한층 더 침체할 가능성이 있습니다. 2번째로 반도체 업계는 칩 판매의 회복의 힘으로 상승할 가능성이 있습니다. Benchmark Electronics 등 전자부품 제조업체의 대다수는 코로나바이러스의 영향에 의해 2020년 1분기의 재무 목표를 달성할 수 없다고 발표했습니다. 2020년 4월, Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc.는 COVID-19의 발생 중 안전과 보호를 위해 생산 현장에서 대부분의 업무를 폐쇄했습니다.
반도체 및 전자부품 제조 시장에 대해 조사했으며, 시장의 개요와 컴포넌트별, 용도별, 지역별 동향 및 시장에 참여하는 기업의 개요 등을 정리하여 전해드립니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제3장 주요 요약
제4장 시장 인사이트
- 시장 개요
- Porter's Five Forces 분석
- COVID-19별 영향 평가
제5장 시장 역학
- 시장 성장요인
- 성장하는 소형화
- 산업용 사물인터넷(IIoT), 블록체인 및 강화된 통신에서 새로운 테크놀러지의 채택
- 시장이 해결해야 할 과제
- 경쟁 격화와 엄격한 정부 및 환경 규제
- 지적재산권의 침해
제6장 반도체 및 전자부품 제품 상황
- 로직 반도체
- 아날로그 반도체
- 메모리 반도체
- 전자 커넥터와 인덕터
- 베어 인쇄회로기판
제7장 시장 세분화
제8장 경쟁 구도
- 기업 개요
- Jabil Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Sumitronics Corporation
- SIIX Corporation
- Flex Ltd
- Nortech Systems Incorporated
제9장 투자 분석
제10장 시장의 미래
The Semiconductor and Electronic Parts Manufacturing Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.12% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. Miniaturization and increasing demand for high performance and energy-efficient electronic devices for applications across consumer devices (smart) further aid the growth. The overall semiconductor industry has been driven by smartphones and other applications across consumer electronics, automotive applications, etc. these industries have been driven by technology transitions, such as wireless technologies (5G) and Artificial intelligence. The electronics manufacturing further entails design and engineering, assembly, manufacturing, and testing services for electronic components and printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies. Aimed at original equipment manufacturers, it simplifies investment on automated assembly equipment. The manufacturer providers take care of different levels of automation, depending on the company and the project.
- In the current market scenario, as almost all the electronic devices, including laptops, smartphones, and computers make use of ICs, PCBs, and other packages, the demand for manufacturing is always on the rise. The increasing demand for MEMS, IC manufacturing, optics, and compound semiconductors may boost the planarization in semiconductor devices. The market dominance of Asia-Pacific is due to the increasing demand for semiconductor fabrication, such as MEMS and NEMS. With the advent of miniaturization and adoption of emerging technologies in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and enhanced communication posed by 5G, the electronic component design and assembly have been revolutionized. For instance, the communication base stations for 5G developed a superior antenna technology, such as MIMO, leading to a rise in the number and performance of radiating elements.
- The overall demand for semiconductor manufacturing is driven by smartphones and other applications across consumer electronics, automotive applications, etc. These industries have been driven by technology transitions such as wireless technologies (5G), Artificial intelligence, etc. Also, the trend of increasing numbers of Internet of Things (IoT) devices is expected to force the semiconductor industry to invest in this equipment, in a bid to attain intelligent products. With favorable market conditions, semiconductor companies(including foundries and OEMs) are spending considerable amounts to maintain their competitiveness, driving the sales of semiconductor equipment according to SEMI. Asia continued its dominance in the overall semiconductor manufacturing market. Additionally, when a manufacturer's existing capacity reaches optimum utilization, it tends to resort to outsourcing to fuel its expansion goals.
- Furthermore, in November 2019, Viking Enterprise Solutions, a product division of Sanmina Corporation, announced NSS2249, and NVMe storage solution. The solution can double the throughput and bandwidth for enterprise applications, such as storage for edge computing, high-frequency trading, database transaction processing, tiered storage, and supercomputing storage applications. Additionally, the design development of NSS2249 deployed the latest generation of AMD EPYC CPU technology and storage drives based on the PCIe 4.0 specification. During the same time of the year, Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. released its Vibration Test System for Analytical Testing and Calibration (ATC) laboratory. The test system ensures the product's strength, durability, and safe functioning during operation or while in transit.
- The recent Coronavirus pandemic is expected to have a significant effect on the semiconductor and electronic parts manufactured across the world. A new quarterly report from SEMI laid out two market scenarios for semiconductor manufacturing in the second half of 2020. First, the sales of semiconductors could witness further dip amid the uncertainty surrounding the impact of COVID-19 to the semiconductor industry. Second, the semiconductor industry could climb on the strength of rebounding chip sales. The majority of electronic parts manufacturers, such as Benchmark Electronics, announced that the financial target of the first quarter of 2020 is unachievable due to the impact of coronavirus. In April 2020, Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. closed most of its operations at the production sites for safety and protection amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- This segment's trend has been to increase the adoption of various devices with an extended battery life of the device. Manufacturers are extending the battery capacity of their devices, and the demand for shorter charging is driving the market growth in this industry. The semiconductor and electronics industry is facing stiff competition from the ICs in this segment. The ICs have been the preferred choice in various devices, but they are highly dependent on semiconductors for their adapters. The smartphone is the major consumer of semiconductors in this segment. The smartphone has been a very competitive market in recent years. The manufacturers are developing charges that could charge the device in a very shorter duration due to which the current rating for these has gone from .5 milliamp to 5 milliamp.
- The trend has been the same for the PC and wearable devices. The manufacturers want their customers to spend less time plugged in. The manufacturers, like OPPO, one plus, Motorola, Samsung, and Apple, provide these fast charge adapters out of the box, and fast charging is the key to their marketing strategy. The more heavy-duty power adapters are used for Laptop and Tv segments. The power adapters operate at a much higher voltage and current for these devices. Recently, U-blox, a provider of positioning and wireless communication technologies, has partnered with TransSiP and Matrix Industries to create PowerWatch 2, a GPS smartwatch that is equipped with energy harvesting technology.
- The continuous miniaturization of microchips, along with the requirement for a more significant degree of functionalities, points to the importance of a 3D-based design framework across the semiconductor industry. The devices with upgraded features and increased performance are entering the market at regular intervals. The requirement for such enhanced functionalities has led to the inclusion of thousands of electronic components on a limited amount of space inside these devices. So, there is an increased demand for semiconductor device manufacturing. In June 2020, TSMC has announced the development of the 4nm node, and upgradation of the current 5nm process. The miniaturization technology will improve the performance and efficiency of the chips.
- Moreover, NVIDIA, Intel, AMD, Apple, and other TSMC customers are expected to consider it for their future designs. The 5nm node has entered mass production, to the point that Ryzen 4000 is expected to be developed in this process. The company has also finished the 3nm process design framework. And the 3nm chipset is likely to go into production for testing in the first half of 2021. The company is also accelerating the development of the 2nm process. Furthermore, TSMC will even start the mass-production of the first-generation 5nm chips in the fourth quarter of 2020. The company is also in negotiation with the American government to build a 5nm factory in Arizona for a larger plan to make the United States independent of the East.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Hold Major Share
- The Asia-Pacific region is one of the significant markets for semiconductors and electronic parts manufacturing in the world, owing to its strong position in consumer electronics, semiconductors, and other telecommunications and equipment manufacturing industries. China has about 60-70% of the world's electronics production and assembly capacity. According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the country's semiconductor sales grew from USD 82.4 billion in 2015 to USD 143.7 billion in 2019. China also leads the world in 5G technology, with full network coverage planned in 50 cities by late-2020. The consumption of semiconductors is rapidly increasing in China, compared to other countries, owing to the continuing transfer of global, diverse electronic equipment to China. The product is a necessary component.
- Additionally, the space industry in China is evolving significantly, with an increasing number of private companies competing in multiple parts of the space industry. With the Chinese space industry starting to adopt advanced technology, major Chinese satellite operators are targeting the opportunity to use satellites in conjunction with 5G to interconnect offices, factories, IoT sensor devices, GPS, aircraft and vehicle navigation, and ship tracking part of hybrid 5G/satellite networks. This is expected to further fuel innovation in the country. China's State Council' 2014 "National Integrated Circuit Industry Development Guidelines" set the goal of becoming a global leader in all segments of the semiconductor industry by 2030. The Made in China 2025 initiative is expected to encourage multiple companies to invest in the Chinese market across various sectors.
- In the process of making India a global leader in electronic manufacturing, the government of India in June 2020 has announced three schemes worth of INR 50,000 crore. The new schemes include Production Linked Incentive Scheme, Component Manufacturing Scheme, and Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme will be implemented from June 2020 for the development of the electronics manufacturing sector in India. The trilogy of schemes that entail an outlay of approximately USD 7 billion will help offset the disability for domestic electronics manufacturing, strengthening the electronics manufacturing ecosystem in the country. These schemes are expected to contribute considerably in achieving a USD 1 trillion digital economy and a USD 5 trillion GDP and increase the production of mobile phones and their components to around INR 10,00,000 crore by 2025 in India.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 in January 2020 led to disrupting and halting global supply chains from China. Authorities in China took steps to reduce the mass migration of workers back to factories by shutting down operations in early February 2020. However, as of March 2020, manufacturers anticipated product shipments to be delayed further by 6-7 weeks. Recently, the distributors of electronics components observed an upsurge in orders for multilayer ceramic capacitors, tantalum capacitors, and chip resistors. They attributed such demand to the need for snapping up the inventory to keep production lines running. The distributors also released bids from electronics parts manufacturing in China, which is an implication of a massive shortage of supply. Moreover, the trade tensions between the U.S. and China had also forced semiconductor companies to shift their strategies.
The Semiconductor and Electronic Parts Manufacturing Market is moderately fragmented due to companies such as Jabil Inc., Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, etc. The players in the market are launching innovative solutions, forming partnerships, and mergers to increase their market share and expand their geographical presence.
- July 2020 - Intel announced that it had fallen a full 12 months behind schedule in developing its next significant advance in chip-manufacturing technology. In an unexpected development, the company said that as a contingency, it could use other company's manufacturing facilities if it could not resolve the delay quickly.
- February 2020 - Samsung Electronics announced that its new semiconductor fabrication line in Hwaseong, Korea, has begun mass production. The facility, V1, is Samsung's first semiconductor production line dedicated to the extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography technology and produces chips using a process node of 7 nanometers (nm) and below.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Assessment on the impact due to COVID-19
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Growing Miniaturization
- 5.1.2 Adoption of Emerging Technologies in IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), Blockchain, and Enhanced Communication
- 5.2 Market Challenges
- 5.2.1 Intensifying Competition and Rigorous Government and Environmental Regulations
- 5.2.2 Intellectual Property Rights Infringements
6 SEMICONDUCTOR AND ELECTRONIC PARTS PRODUCT LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Logic Semiconductor
- 6.2 Analog Semiconductor
- 6.3 Memory Semiconductor
- 6.4 Electronic Connectors and Inductors
- 6.5 Bare Printed Circuit Boards
- 6.6 Other Product Types
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 By Component
- 7.1.1 Equipment
- 22.214.171.124 Front-End Equipment (Lithography, Wafer Surface Conditioning, Wafer Cleaning, and Deposition)
- 126.96.36.199 Back-End Equipment (Assembly and Packaging, Dicing, Metrology, Bonding, and Wafer Testing)
- 7.1.2 Software
- 7.1.3 Services
- 188.8.131.52 Electronics Design and Engineering
- 184.108.40.206 Electronics Assembly
- 220.127.116.11 Electronics Manufacturing
- 18.104.22.168 Other Service Types
- 7.2 By Application
- 7.2.1 Communications and Network Equipment
- 7.2.2 Transportation
- 7.2.3 Consumer Electronics
- 7.2.4 Other Applications
- 7.3 By Geography
- 7.3.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 7.3.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 7.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 7.3.4 Rest of the World
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 Company Profiles
- 8.1.1 Jabil Inc.
- 8.1.2 Intel Corporation
- 8.1.3 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- 8.1.4 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- 8.1.5 SK Hynix Inc.
- 8.1.6 Micron Technology Inc.
- 8.1.7 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- 8.1.8 Broadcom Inc.
- 8.1.9 Texas Instruments Inc.
- 8.1.10 Sumitronics Corporation
- 8.1.11 SIIX Corporation
- 8.1.12 Flex Ltd
- 8.1.13 Nortech Systems Incorporated
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET