창문 덮개 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Window Coverings Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2022년 01월 || 상품코드
| 페이지 정보
|| 2-3일 (영업일 기준)
창문 덮개 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Window Coverings Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|발행일 : 2022년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
전세계적인 급속한 도시화에 의해 주택은 공유 생활 개념에 따른 공동 공간과 개인 공간을 유지하도록 재설계되고 있습니다. 이것이 시장 벤더에게 새로운 기회를 제공하고 있습니다. 창문 덮개의 용도는 내부 공간의 프라이버시 지원, 중요한 집 장식요소로서의 기능으로 진화했습니다.
- 에너지 효율이 높은 블라인드를 설치함으로써 얻을 수 있는 이점은 매우 큽니다. 많은 주택 소유자가 난방과 공조에 필요 이상의 돈을 소비하고 있습니다. 창문 덮개 제품은 에너지 사용량을 크게 줄일 수 있다는 것이 증명되고 있습니다.
- 스마트 윈도우 솔루션 채택에 의해 쉐이드, 블라인드, 커튼으로 자연광과 인공빛의 적절한 균형을 항상 유지하면서 쾌적성과 편리성이 크게 향상되고, 거주자의 행복과 일상 편리성이 극대화됩니다. 사용자는 스마트폰 원터치, 원격 제어 콘트롤, 스마트 스피커를 통한 간단한 음성 명령으로 모든 창문 덮개를 제어할 수 있습니다.
- 또 여러 지역의 주택 건설과 리폼 증가를 추진하고 있는 정부 이니셔티브에 의해 벽면 마감재 시장이 성장할 것으로 예상됩니다.
- COVID-19 발생에 의해 주택 개조 추세가 늘어났지만 시장 벤더는 맞춤형 창문 덮개 판매량이 감소했다고 보고했습니다. 또한 예산을 세운 가정 장식 개보수를 촉진하기 위한 채널로서 DIY 시장이 부상했습니다. 또한 박람회는 취소되거나 연기되었습니다.
세계의 창문 덮개(Window Coverings) 시장을 조사했으며, 시장 개요, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 분석, 최종사용자별·유통채널별·유형별·지역별 시장 규모 추이와 예측, 경쟁 구도, 주요 기업 개요, 시장 기회 등의 정보를 전해드립니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 업계의 매력 - Porter의 산업 분석
- 공급 기업의 교섭력
- 소비자의 교섭력
- 신규 진출업체의 위협
- 대체 제품의 위협
- 경쟁 기업간 경쟁 관계
- COVID-19가 업계에게 미치는 영향 평가
제5장 시장 역학
- 시장 추진력
- 윈도우 트리트먼트 업그레이드 프로젝트의 부상과 최종사용자 부문 전체에서의 전동 쉐이드 채택
- 시장이 해결해야 할 과제
- 환경에 대한 영향, 유지관리 증가, 청소 비용
- 시장 기회
제6장 시장 세분화
- 오프라인(백화점, 전문점, DIY, 식료품점)
- 중동 및 아프리카
제7장 경쟁 구도
- 기업 개요
- Hunter Douglas NV
- Norman Window Fashions
- NNK Window Covering
- Insolroll Window Shading Systems
- Decora Blind Systems Ltd
- Kvadrat Shade BV
- Roma KG
- MechoShade Systems, LLC
- Griesser AG
- Western Sydney Shutters
- Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Company Limited
- Guangzhou JADY Window Coverings Technology Co., Ltd
제8장 시장 전망
The Window Coverings Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.42% over the forecast period from 2021 - 2026. With rapid urbanization across the world, homes are being adapted and re-designed to hold communal and private spaces that follow the concept of shared living. This is leading to newer opportunities for vendors in the market studied in the development and consumption across the residential and commercial sectors. The interior shutters, blinds, and shades constitute the majority of the shareholding across the window coverings. The applications of window coverings have evolved from assisting in the privacy of interior spaces to acting as a critical home decor factor. On a commercial front, these coverings add functionality in terms of energy efficiency parameters.
- The possible benefits of the widespread installation of energy-efficient window shades are huge. According to Attachments Energy Rating Council (AERC), older homes, window systems typically account for 25% of annual heating and cooling costs but can be responsible for as much as 40%. This means many homeowners are spending more money than necessary on heating and air conditioning. DOE research has proven that window attachment products have the potential to reduce energy usage significantly. In January 2020, The Attachments Energy Rating Council (AERC) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announce that Hunter Douglas has earned the very first energy performance rating for window coverings on their lines of cellular shades and cellular roller shades.
- The adoption of smart windows solutions are bringing home interior experience with connected shades, blinds, and curtains which significantly improves comfort and convenience, while always maintaining the right balance of natural and artificial light, the well-being of occupants, and everyday conveniences are maximized. In January 2020, Somfy, a company engaged in the motorization and connectivity of interior window coverings, exterior shading products, and access management systems announced its new smart shading and its Sonesse ULTRA 30 WireFree Zigbee Li-Ion motor, at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020. Users can control all their window coverings with one touch on a smartphone, a remote control or a simple voice command through a smart speaker.
- Moreover, with government initiatives looking at increasing home building and renovations across multiple regions, the market for wall coverings is expected to grow. For instance, NHBC stated that the number of new homes registered to be built in the United Kingdom in 2019 rose by 1%, accounting for 161,022 homes being registered with the organization. Additionally, the government is planning for private housebuilders, housing associations, and councils to ramp up the annual construction to 300,000 a year by 2025. Likewise, as per the Federal Statistical Office, the number of permits for construction or conversion of homes in Germany, in May 2020, increased by 3.9% year-on-year to a total of 32,000. Similarly, the sales are expected to increase, as the functional benefits of blinds and shutters are being recognized.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, the home renovation trends shot up, but the market vendors reported decreased sales from the custom window covering format. This was in line with the restriction on home-visits. Also, a considerable DIY market emerged as a channel to facilitate "budgeted home decor renovations". Also, trade fairs were canceled and postponed. For instance, Asia R+T Asia, an international B2B trade show, is an annual highlight for manufacturers and sellers of window coverings, blinds and shades, external sun-protection systems, roller shutters, industrial doors and gates, garage and parking systems, automatic doors, and related products. The 16th edition of R+T Asia and the 2nd edition of Home Decoration Asia (HD+ Asia), to be held in Feb. 24-26, 2020 was postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19 infection in several Chinese provinces.
Key Market Trends
Blinds are Expected to Hold Significant Share
- Blinds include Venetian, vertical, roller, and other blinds (soft, pleated). A typical window blind is made of multiple long vertical or horizontal slats of various hard material types. The materials, including wood, plastic, or metal, are held together by cords that run through the blind slats. Venetian blinds have been widely adopted in office buildings to regulate light and air. Therefore, multiple commercial-based upcoming projects across the world promise a wider adoption of the same. Vertical Louvre Blinds are used to control the light and could open fully by drawing them to a single side of the window. Roller blinds can be rolled down and up either fully or partially for light control, although translucent materials will allow the entry of light through while maintaining privacy.
- Additionally, as multiple initiatives emerge on sustainable commercial constriction, such as the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs setting benchmarks in terms of low primary energy consumption, the data mentioned above was collected from an office building in Frankfurt, Germany, over four years. This highlighted the daylight factors at the workspaces from Venetian blinds with different blind positions and ceiling panels above the desks. Also, the occupants' interactions with windows and blinds were considered essential aspects of passive cooling concepts. This is likely to fuel the automation and motorization of blinds shortly.
- In November 2019, Danish textile brand Kvadrat worked with designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec on a roller blind that does more than just screen a window. They offer acoustic benefits and can provide thermal insulation to reduce a building's energy consumption. The company has even created a calculator to find out how much money they can save on their heating bills. Applying a metalized textile to the underside of the blind allows it to function as a thermal insulator. It prevents heat from entering in warmer summer months and stops heat from escaping in the winter. The designs are produced from polyester, without PVC, to make them easily recyclable.
- Smart home automation related gadgets are gaining in significant popularity worldwide, and several home stores are beginning to sell items such as smart dimmers and motion sensor kits. In January 2019, IKEA announced the release of two new products, smart products. FYRTUR and KADRILJ are battery-powered smart window blinds that can be controlled wirelessly by the remote control that comes with the blinds. The user can also manage the blinds through the associated app or by a device like Amazon Alexa or Google Home. The blinds are available in the range of EUR 99 - EUR 155. IKEA also announced that the smart shades would only be available in the European market and available in the U.S. sometime in spring 2019.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- According to the United States Census Bureau, in the United States, the public residential buildings' construction spending increased from USD 5.07 billion in 2014 to USD 6.55 billion in 2019. With this, huge investments are expected in home decor and home improvements in the United States, which is expected to propel the window covering the region's market. The similar trend of increasing residential constructions, owing to the increasing population across the world, is expected to drive the demand for window coverings. Also, the commercial construction sector is on the rise. According to the FMI Corporation, in the United States, the new commercial buildings are expected to value USD 99.42 billion in 2021 from USD 47.33 billion in 2012.
- In August 2020, Blinds.com, a Home Depot Company operating in the North American region, announced an expansion to its popular cellular shades collection to feature a complete, integrated system designed to cover any window in the home. With the latest development of the Blinds.com Cellular Shades Collection, customers could choose from Blinds.com's most extensive upgrade selection. Suited for not only traditional windows, these customizable and upgradeable cellular shades could be an ideal choice for difficult-to-reach windows, homes with pets or children, or oddly shaped windows such as French doors or perfect arches. Customers can also utilize the benefits of cordless operation without motorization. A cordless lift improves a room's appearance by eliminating the visual distraction of unsightly cords.
- In November 2019, BlindsChalet.com, US-based window covering provider, offered 55% + 5% off all their blinds, shades, and shutters for Black Friday. Blinds Chalet has also introduced a new category of smart home automation window treatments that work with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Products in this new category included honeycomb cellular shades, bamboo shades, roller shades, and solar screen shades. Customers could buy the Blinds Chalet smart home hub to connect their window coverings to their network at home for control through an application available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Features include the ability to click within the app to set the height for the shades, set room scenes, or control the shades with their voice.
- In September 2019, Hunter Douglas North America announced its Design Studio program, which launched with eight exclusive patterns from textile designer Rebecca Atwood. The Design Studio rounds out Hunter Douglas's array of window treatments with an artistic touch, offering side panels, draperies, Roman shades, and more to augment its current catalog. After going over the designer's paintings with Hunter Douglas, the team selected a few patterns to re-create, and the designer created a few brand-new designs as well. The final collection produced includes 43 new fabrics based on the eight patterns in various colorways. The Design Studio announcement comes with the launch of Hunter Douglas's PowerView automated technology, which allows the user to personalize preprogrammed settings to coincide with different times of the day.
The window covering market is quite fragmented and consists of several players. The companies in the market tend to partner with international designers to make the window coverings aesthetically pleasant to the eye and manage to incorporate the latest designs and colors and to enhance the commercial and residential buildings.
- July 2020 - Hunter Douglas launched its proprietary Designer Roller Duolite Shade that combines a sheer fabric for light-diffusion and a thick liner for room-darkening together on one roller. With the new patented Designer Roller Duolite Shade, consumers don't have to choose between having either beautifully diffused light with a view-through to the outside or a room-darkening shade. They could experience both in a single shade for optimal light control.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 An Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Rise in Window Treatment Upgrade Projects and Adoption of Motorized Shades across End-user Segments
- 5.2 Market Challenges
- 5.2.1 Environmental Impact, Rising Maintenance, and Cleaning Costs
- 5.3 Market Opportunities
- 5.3.1 Adoption of Smart Windows
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Type
- 6.1.1 Blinds (Venetian , Vertical, Roller and others)
- 6.1.2 Shades (Roman, Pleated and Roller)
- 6.1.3 Shutters
- 6.1.4 Curtains
- 6.1.5 Other Types
- 6.2 By End-User Vertical
- 6.2.1 Residential
- 6.2.2 Commercial
- 6.3 By Distribution Channel
- 6.3.1 Online
- 6.3.2 Offline (Departmental Stores, Specialists, DIY, and Grocery Stores)
- 6.4 By Geography
- 6.4.1 North America
- 6.4.2 Europe
- 6.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.4.4 Latin America
- 6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Hunter Douglas N.V.
- 7.1.2 Norman Window Fashions
- 7.1.3 NNK Window Covering
- 7.1.4 Kirsch
- 7.1.5 Insolroll Window Shading Systems
- 7.1.6 Decora Blind Systems Ltd
- 7.1.7 Kvadrat Shade B.V.
- 7.1.8 Roma KG
- 7.1.9 MechoShade Systems, LLC
- 7.1.10 Griesser AG
- 7.1.11 Western Sydney Shutters
- 7.1.12 Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Company Limited
- 7.1.13 Guangzhou JADY Window Coverings Technology Co., Ltd
8 MARKET OUTLOOK