바이오메트릭스 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Global Biometrics Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2022년 01월 || 상품코드
| 페이지 정보
|| 2-3일 (영업일 기준)
바이오메트릭스 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Global Biometrics Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|발행일 : 2022년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
바이오메트릭스 시장 규모는 2020년에 279억 2,000만 달러를 기록하고, 2021-2026년 예측기간 중 14.59%의 CAGR로 성장하고, 2026년까지 629억 달러에 달할 것으로 예상됩니다. 바이오메트릭스 시장은 테러 활동 증가와 국가 안보에 관한 우려를 일으키고 있는 중요한 데이터나 정보와 관련된 도난 활동 증가에 의해 상당한 성장률로 발전할 것으로 예상됩니다.
- 전자 여권 프로그램 성장, 정부 지원, 범죄자 신원 확인의 광범위한 사용 등의 중요한 요인이 예측기간 중 시장 성장을 크게 견인할 것으로 예상됩니다. 보안이 여전히 최대의 관심사인 다양한 부문의 조직은 접근 제어 시스템을 중심으로 보안 시스템에 거액의 투자를 실시했습니다. 방위, 법집행기관 및 정부기관은 이 테크놀러지의 저명한 사용자의 일부입니다.
- 또한 국가 안보를 강화할 필요성 상승은 이러한 시스템의 성장을 세계적으로 증대시켰습니다. 홍채 인식은 여권 없이 자동 국경 통과 등 다양한 목적으로 다양한 국가에서 사용되고 있습니다.
- 소비자의 생체인식 애플리케이션은 모바일 디바이스 채용이 증가함에 따라 최근 빠르게 확대되고 있습니다. 가전제품 부문은 생체인식 시스템 채용에 의해 주로 보안 및 접근 제어 디바이스에 의해 지배되고 있습니다. 따라서 그것은 시장 성장을 지원하고 있습니다.
- 또한 IoT는 주로 분석과 지속적인 평가의 조합을 지원하여 적절한 레벨의 보증을 실시간으로 생성할 수 있기 때문에 잠재적 추진력이 될 것으로 예상됩니다. IoT One은 2020년까지 약 500억의 IoT(Internet of Things) 디바이스가 사용될 가능성이 있을 것으로 예측하고 있습니다. 또한 2018년에는 약 5억의 생체인식 센서가 IoT에 도입되었다고 추정하고 있습니다.
세계의 바이오메트릭스(Biometrics) 시장을 조사했으며, 시장 개요, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 분석, 시장 기회, 종류·생체인식 종류·최종사용자·지역별 시장 규모 추정과 예측, 경쟁 상황, 주요 기업 개요 등 체계적인 정보를 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제3장 주요 요약
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 소비자용 애플리케이션의 생체인식 솔루션 수요 증가
- 신흥 국가의 공공 부문 및 정부 부문으로부터의 채용 증가
- 바이오메트릭스 상품화로 이어지는 주요 기술 개발
- 시장 성장 억제요인
- 프라이버시, 보안, ROI와 관련된 운영상 우려
- 업계의 이해관계자 분석
- Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 바이오메트릭스 분야의 주요 기술적 진보
제5장 주요 기술 동향
- 기술 변화의 최전선에 서는 음성 및 언어 인식
- 모바일 바이오메트릭스 대두
- 우위성을 유지하기 위한 비소비자 바이오메트릭스
- 중요한 동향으로써 부상하는 지속적인 인증
- 주요 이해관계자가 직면하는 여전히 주요 과제인 생체인식 데이터 수집에 관한 규제상 우려
- 웨어러블에 의한 심박 검출 등 새로운 분야에 초점을 맞춘 조사 노력
- 소비자의 시설에서 생체인식 솔루션을 전개하는 기존 모델을 서서히 대체하는 서비스로서의 생체인식
제6장 시장 세분화
- 생체인식 종류별
- IRIS 인식
- 기타 생체인식 종류(정맥 등)
- 정부 및 법집행기관
- 상업 및 소매
- 은행, 금융 서비스, 보험
- 여행과 이민
- 기타 최종사용자
- 중동과 아프리카
제7장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- Gemalto NV(Thales Group)
- Leidos Holdings Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- M2SYS Technology
- BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- ImageWare Systems Inc.
- SIC Biometrics Inc.
- IriTech Inc.
- IriTech Inc.
- Nuance Communications Inc.
- IDEMIA France SAS
- Fulcrum Biometrics LLC
- BioID Technology
- Fujitsu Limited
- Phonexia SRO
- Assa Abloy AB
- Cognitec Systems GmbH
- Secunet Security Networks
- VoiceVault Inc.
- Precise Biometrics AB
제8장 주요 벤더의 상대적인 포지셔닝 분석
제9장 투자 전망
제10장 시장 기회와 동향
The global biometrics market was valued at USD 27.09 billion in 2020 and is projected to be worth USD 62.52 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 15.2% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The biometrics market is anticipated to develop at a significant growth rate, owing to the rising number of terrorist activities and the increasing theft activities pertaining to crucial data and information that have raised concerns regarding national security.
- One of the key trends witnessed in the market studied is a model shift in business discourse toward more privacy and fewer security threats. The end-users are increasingly looking for integrated solutions rather than depending on conventional methods.
- Consumer biometric applications have expanded rapidly over the recent years, with the increased adoption of mobile devices. The consumer electronics sector is dominated majorly by security and access control devices, owing to the adoption of biometric systems. Thus, it is supporting the growth of the market. For instance, WhatsApp, a popular messaging app, launched an additional privacy measure on the Android platform. The company claims that users will soon be able to secure their accounts in the form of biometric authentication through fingerprint sensors.
- Additionally, multi-model or hybrid biometric systems have recently become a vital identification technique for authentication purposes. The multi-model biometric recognition system uses various features (facial, iris, and fingerprint) to authenticate users. This allows more reliability, high-speed, and high-precision authentication in large-scale systems that must respond to a variety of physical properties, as well as in usage scenarios that demand tight identity verification.
- The increasing adoption of reliable and efficient biometrics is credited with the fastest growing CAGR for hybrid biometric systems. Through multi-level authentication, multimodal biometric technologies provide increased security against spoofing or falsification. Nowadays, hybrid biometric systems comprise a wide range of modalities (voice, facial, and iris), and government agencies worldwide employ them in a variety of security-related tasks, including border control, law enforcement, human resources, national defense, healthcare, and enterprise security.
- For instance, during August 2021, the EU adopted interoperability requirements for multi-model biometric systems to improve data flows. The Multiple Identity Detector (MID) database evaluates a variety of other databases to see if the identity data for which the search was done is available in more than one information system.
Key Market Trends
Software and Services Segment to Account for Largest Market Share
- Biometric software allows biometric devices and the computers and networks they are connected to be compatible and operable with each other. It also allows various application software on different operating systems to be compatible and allows for an effective connection. Software is an important part of biometric systems. For instance, software in signature verification systems compares signatures and checks for originality. As signature fraud is not always evident to human operators, it can become difficult for the human eye to identify fraudulent signatures accurately. Thus, signature verification software is being increasingly adopted, as it saves time, prevents human error during the signature process, and lowers the chances of fraud.
- Software in biometrics is further integrated with advanced technologies such as AI to detect fraud. For instance, IntelliVision's face recognition software is a deep learning-based facial recognition solution for integrators and developers that can detect faces of all ethnicities without racial bias and recognize them from the database of images. It provides facial recognition accuracy of about 99.5% on public standard data sets. Moreover, it can also be used on-server and in-cloud.
- In September 2021, Gnani.ai, a player in the conversational AI and voice security domain, announced the launch of its voice biometrics software, Christened armour365. The biometric solution is suitable for industries such as Banks, Defense, Healthcare, among others.
- The on-premise biometric systems need IT infrastructures, such as servers and networks. This infrastructure is expensive and requires maintenance. Thus, biometric service is increasingly gaining traction, as it does not need any specialized IT infrastructure or maintenance for the deployment of a biometric project.
- Moreover, companies are embracing biometric service as it is extremely scalable. The number of enrollments varies from business to business, according to their size. Biometric service helps companies to subscribe to services as per their needs. It is also very easy to scale up or scale down the facilities by changing the subscription plan.
- Companies, such as Aware Inc. and others, offer biometrics software products and services as independent suppliers, i.e., independent from hardware vendors and system integrators. These benefits include the mitigation of risks and costs associated with hardware and software obsolescence and system maintenance challenges that have the potential to weaken the performance and shorten the life of a solution.
Asia Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Increasing mobile payment transactions coupled with increasing private corporations and government initiatives towards adopting biometric authentication systems are expected to be the major drivers for the biometrics market in the region. According to the Center for Strategic & International Studies Report (CSIS) 2021, China is at the forefront of the global digital payment revolution.
- Chinese enterprises generated an anticipated USD 2.9 trillion in transaction value in 2020, based on a global market of USD 5.4 trillion in transaction value in digital commerce and mobile payments. China's major emphasis on influencing global digital infrastructure, e-commerce, and new projects like the digital yuan and the proposed new IP could lead to a more authoritarian path for digitization. For instance, in 2021, more than 3.51 million corporate wallets and 20.87 million personal wallets have been opened, with a total transaction volume of 70.75 million and a transaction value of USD 5.41 billion (RMB 34.5 billion).
- On the other hand, the increasing demand for biometric authentication systems across various end-users, including retail, gaming, banking and financial sector, hospitals, etc., are significantly influencing the market's growth across the country. For instance, The China Construction Bank (CCB) has decided to use biometric cards in its digital renminbi experiments in collaboration with IDEX Biometrics. The bank has already released a digital yuan wallet app. The NFC-enabled biometric smart card will allow users to utilize digital currency without the need for a smartphone. These biometric cards will serve as digital hard wallets for members of the Chinese digital currency trial, known as DCEP. Fingerprint sensors and biometric software will protect these smart cards.
- Additionally, end-user industries, such as BFSI and healthcare, are home to many critical and highly valuable assets. Any breach or lapse in security can be disastrous and costly, with revenue loss. Thus, these industries in the country are enforcing stringent measures to protect sensitive customer data with cutting-edge technology. For instance, in February 2021, customers can enter the Green Leaves+ shop-and-go store at Japan's Yokohama Techno Tower Hotel using their face and a swipe of their palm to verify their identity. Customers can use the smartphone application's multi-biometric authentication technology, connecting their face and palm vein recognition information. Customers can also scan a QR code displayed on the Green Leaves+ app to access the store.
- Similarly, in July 2021, Fingerprint Cards (a Swedish biometrics company) and MoriX (a Japanese electronics company) formed cooperation to develop and launch biometric payment cards in Japan. According to the press release, the new card will have Fingerprints' T-Shape module, which has ultra-low power consumption and is designed to be integrated into payment cards using normal automated manufacturing methods, according to the business. Furthermore, the company stated that there is an "increasing desire for card transactions among Japanese consumers," who seek touchless, secure, and frictionless payment methods.
The Biometrics Market is highly fragmented due to the presence of various vendors like NEC Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Leidos Holdings Inc., Gemalto NV (Thales Group), etc., across the world. The market features increasing adoption of Biometrics solutions in various end-user industries. Also, the vendors are making significant product developments to expand their market presence. The market is also viewing strategic partnerships and acquisitions as a lucrative path for expansion.
- October 2021 - Thales partnered with Inetum to expand the deployment of its Automated Border Control (ABC) system to three Spanish airports for biometric authentication of travelers. These systems include facial recognition and document verification; these are expected to speed up the border control process, significantly reducing travelers' wait times.
- October 2021 - ImageWare Systems developed a biometrically enabled Blockchain-Powered Self Sovereign Identity solution and entered the Self Sovereign Identity market. Adding biometric protection to the identity blockchain provides the final layer of protection the data is secure in digital wallets and only accessible to authorized users.
- June 2021 - Phonexia developed new software for audio investigations - Phoenixia Orbis by leveraging its experience from hundreds of public security projects worldwide. This on-premises solution enables law enforcement agencies to extract complex insights from substantial amounts of audio automatically and efficiently, making investigations effortless and straightforward.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 3.1 Market Overview
- 3.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
- 3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Biometric Solutions in Consumer-facing Applications
- 4.1.2 Rising Adoption from the Public and Government Sectors in Emerging Countries
- 4.1.3 Key Technological Developments Leading to the Commodification of Biometrics
- 4.2 Market Challenges
- 4.2.1 Operational Concerns Related to Privacy, Security, and ROI
- 4.3 Market Opportunities
- 4.4 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
5 KEY THEMES RELATED TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE BIOMETRICS MARKET
- 5.1 Voice and Speech Recognition to be at the Forefront of Technological Change
- 5.2 Rise of Mobile Biometrics
- 5.3 Non-consumer Biometrics to Retain Dominance
- 5.4 Continuous Authentication to Emerge as the Key Trend
- 5.5 Regulatory Concerns around the Collection of Biometric Data to Remain a Key Challenge Faced by the Major Stakeholders
- 5.6 Research Efforts to Focus on New Areas, such as Heartbeat Detection through Wearables
- 5.7 Biometrics-as-a-Service to Gradually Replace Traditional Model of Deploying Biometric Solutions at the Consumer Premises
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Type
- 6.1.1 Hardware
- 6.1.2 Software and Services (Professional & Managed)
- 6.2 By Biometric Type
- 6.2.1 IRIS Recognition
- 6.2.2 Hand Geometry
- 6.2.3 Facial Recognition
- 6.2.4 Signature Verification
- 6.2.5 Fingerprint
- 220.127.116.11 Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- 18.104.22.168 Non-AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System)
- 6.2.6 Voice Recognition
- 6.2.7 Palm Vein
- 6.3 By Contact Type
- 6.3.1 Contact-based
- 6.3.2 Non-contact based
- 6.4 By End-User
- 6.4.1 Government and Law Enforcement
- 6.4.2 Commercial and Retail
- 6.4.3 Healthcare
- 6.4.4 BFSI
- 6.4.5 Travel and Immigration
- 6.4.6 Other End-Users
- 6.5 By Geography
- 6.5.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 6.5.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124.1 Current Market Scenario and Addressable Market for the period of 2021-2026
- 126.96.36.199.2 End-user use cases (as mentioned in market definition
- 188.8.131.52.3 High-level coverage on the top biometric solution providers based in Russia- 3DiVi, NEXT Biometric, AxxonSoft, Tevian, VisionLabs
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 6.5.3 Asia Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 6.5.4 Latin America
- 6.5.5 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Gemalto NV (Thales Group)
- 7.1.2 Leidos Holdings Inc.
- 7.1.3 NEC Corporation
- 7.1.4 M2SYS Technology
- 7.1.5 BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- 7.1.6 Phonexia SRO
- 7.1.7 ImageWare Systems Inc.
- 7.1.8 S.I.C. Biometrics Global Inc.
- 7.1.9 Fujitsu Limited
- 7.1.10 Aware Inc.
- 7.1.11 Nuance Communications Inc.
- 7.1.12 IDEMIA France SAS
- 7.1.13 Cognitec Systems GmbH
- 7.1.14 BioID AG
- 7.1.15 Assa Abloy AB
- 7.1.16 Hitachi Corporation
8 INVESTMENT OUTLOOK
9 MARKET OUTLOOK