종이컵 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2022-2027년)
Global Paper Cups Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2022년 01월 || 상품코드
| 페이지 정보
|| 2-3일 (영업일 기준)
종이컵 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2022-2027년)
Global Paper Cups Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|발행일 : 2022년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
종이컵 시장 규모는 2020년에 100억 3,000만 달러로 평가되었으며, 2021-2026년간 3.64%의 CAGR(연평균 성장률)로 성장하여 2026년까지 138억 달러에 이를 것으로 예상됩니다. 일회용 종이컵은 청소가 필요없고, 사용 후 쉽게 처리 할 수 있기 때문에 인기가 높아지고 있습니다. 또한 '온더고'종이컵의 등장은 바쁜 라이프 스타일과 소비자들의 스케줄에 기인한 수요를 충족합니다.
- 종이컵의 주요 수요는 전세계 외식 산업에 의해 만들어지고 있습니다. 테이크 아웃의 증가세에 따라, 종이컵에 대한 수요 역시 증가했습니다. 이러한 상황은, 소량으로 빠른 배송을 해야하는 커피숍이나 아이스크림 가게에서 주로 사용되는 단기간 커스텀 프린트 컵에 대한 수요 증가에 이어졌습니다. 데이터에 따르면, 외식 산업에서 보다 나은 서비스를 제공하기 위해, 2018년 Huhtamaki는 CupPrint를 인수했습니다. 또한 미국 국세조사국이 발표한 데이터에 따르면, 전세계 최대 패스트푸드 시장 중 하나인 미국내 2억 2,500만명 이상 고객이, 2023년까지 일회용 컵을 사용할 것으로 예측됩니다.
- 이러한 요인에 따라, 전세계적으로 종이컵 사용 붐이 생겨났습니다. 종이컵 얼라이언스에 따르면, 영국의 하이 스트리트에서는 매년 25억잔이 판매되고 있습니다. 종이 및 재활용 부문 추정에 따르면, 미국에서는 연간 500억 잔이 사용되고 있습니다. 그러나 이러한 컵의 대부분은 폴리에틸렌으로 코팅 된 일회용 컵이기 때문에 재활용 하기 어렵습니다. 미국에서는 외식 산업에서만 일반 폐기물의 1-2%를 낳고 있습니다.
- 이러한 문제에 따라 옥수수, 사탕 수수, 감자 유래 바이오 플라스틱으로 만들어진 방수 라이닝을 갖춘 생분해성 컵이 도입되었고, 따라서 시장이 확대 될 것으로 기대됩니다. 이러한 생분해성 재료는 종이컵 공업 분해에 적합합니다. 지속 가능성의 문제를 해결하기 위해 이러한 컵들의 존재가 플라스틱 컵의 사용을 보다 제한하게 할 것으로 예상됩니다.
- 또한 많은 국가들이 플라스틱의 사용을 점차 단계적으로 금지하기 위해 일회용 플라스틱의 사용 금지에 관한 규제가 생겨났고, 이는 시장을 뒷받침할 것으로 예상됩니다. 최근 UNEP(유엔 환경 계획)의 보고에 따르면, 전세계적으로 적어도 27개국이 일회용 플라스틱 소비 금지를 강제하는 법률을 제정했습니다. 이에따라 전세계적으로 플라스틱 컵 사용이 제한 될 것으로 예상됩니다. 합성 폴리머 라이닝을 사용하는 기존 종이컵의 사용도 이러한 규제의 영향을 받을 가능성이 있습니다.
- 하지만 종이컵 시장은 제품 차별화와 혁신이 거의 없는 볼륨 시장이되고 있습니다. 이것은 이익을 억누르며, Coveris와 같은 많은 주요 시장 참여 기업들이 투자를 중단하고 있습니다. 이에따라, 시장 성장을 늦춰질 것으로 예상됩니다.
세계의 종이컵(Paper Cups) 시장을 조사했으며, 시장 개요/시장 성장 촉진 요인 및 억제 요인 분석/시장 기회/컵유형·최종 사용자·벽유형·지역별 시장 규모 추이 및 예측/경쟁 정세/주요 기업 개요 등 체계적인 정보를 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장의 통찰력
- 시장 개요
- 포터의 5세력 모델
- 가치 사슬 분석
제5장 시장 역학
제6장 COVID-19이 일회용 포장 업계에 미치는 영향
제7장 환경 및 규제 문제
제8장 시장 세분화
제9장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- International Paper Company
- Dart Container Corporation
- Konie Cups International Inc.
- Huhtamaki OYJ
- Kap Cones Private Limited
- Eco-Products, Inc.(Waddington North America)
- Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC
- Shanghai Xinyu Paper Cup Co., Ltd.
- DONGYANG KANGBAO Paper Cups CO., Ltd(Alibaba)
- Benders Paper Cups
- Georgia Pacific LLC(Koch Industries, Inc.)
- Nippon Paper Industries Co.
- Lollicup USA, Inc.
- Genpak LLC(Great Pacific Enterprises, Inc.)
제10장 투자 분석
제11장 시장의 미래
The Paper Cups Market was valued at USD 10.03 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 13.80 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.64% during the period 2021-2026. The pandemic has hit quick-service restaurants hard. Many cafes and restaurants have shifted towards carry-out only or curbside pick-up. Some limited their in-store capacity and implemented creative delivery services to ensure food delivery during the lockdowns. This is expected to create significant demand for paper cups solutions across the food and beverage industry. In a few places, due to the pandemic, the ban on single-use plastics has been temporarily lifted, as consumers are reluctant towards reusable packaging products due to the threats of infection. Hence, paper is considered crucial as the world went to lockdowns to help limit the spread of the coronavirus. This is primarily because the paper is considered a viable packaging product due to the increasing demand for hygiene products.
- Paper cups have gained wide acceptance owing to their significant properties, such as easy-to-use, hygienic, safe, and other functionality. They also meet the needs of modern life cost-effectively. According to the Green match 2021, 16 billion paper cups are used for coffee every single year.
- According to the Paper Cup Alliance, 2.5 billion cups are sold in the United Kingdom's high streets every year. Also, according to the paper and recycling sector estimates, 50 billion cups are used annually in the United States.
- Moreover, the increasing penetration of coffee chains, such as Starbucks, Costa Coffee, and Tim Hortons, across global is the most significant growth driver for the market studied. According to Good News Network studies, each year, Starbuck uses 250 billion to-go cups that serve coffee and tea, the majority of which are paper-based.
- Majorly catered by the Food Service Industry globally, the rising trend of takeaways amid the COVID-19 led movement restrictions have generated the need for paper cups. According to US Census Bureau, more than 225 million customers in the United States, one of the leading fast-food markets globally, are anticipated to use disposable cups by 2023.
- Further indications such as the growing demand for short-run custom printed cups are majorly being used by standalone coffee and ice cream shops that need greater volumes and fast deliveries.
- Biodegradable cups, which are made from a water-soluble coating, help in easy disposal and can be recycled effectively. To increase its application in the food and beverage industry, various manufacturers are improving their biodegradable cups with some value-added features such as heat resistance for oven applications, heat sealing, or water-based elements that pose no risk for human health.
- In early 2020, the Global Approach track in India produced bio-degradable, disposable paper cups. The company currently produces paper cups in two different sizes, which can be biodegraded, and they are planning to introduce more variety of sizes in the near future. The companies Biodegradable coffee cups are made from renewable natural plant fiber, such as sugarcane or wood. The liner is comprised of PLA, a biodegradable and non-toxic natural maize resin.
Key Market Trends
Starch-Based Plastics are expacted to hold the major market share
- As the name implies, starch-based plastics are made from starch, a cheap biopolymer that is completely biodegradable due to its low density. Starch can be found in various sources of cereals, tubers, and roots, such as potatoes, rice, corn, wheat, yam, cassava, and taro, and can be blended with other polymers to produce composites with tailored properties. Bio-degradable plastics such as this help avoid the plastic apocalypse.
- According to the UN Environment, the world currently produces about 300 million metric tons of plastic waste every year. The increase in R&D activities that target enhanced materialFor instance, in June 2021, Sudzucker announced funding from the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture. Sudzucker has been developing plastic films using starch-based renewable raw materials to make starch-based plastic AGENACOMP from the Austrian subsidiary AGRANA Beteiligungs to enhance biodegradability packaging solutions and make them home-compostable.
- Sudzucker is also participating in another bioplastics project in Straubing, funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development, and Energy. Vegetable bags previously made entirely from fossil raw materials were replaced in several supermarkets in the region by vegetable bags made primarily from renewable raw materials such as starch.
- Similarly, endeavors have been rampant in upcycling excess algae. Algae has been studied to contain cellulose which a few plastic technology specialists have been looking to exploit. In November 2021, UK-based Symphony Environmental collaborated with Eranova to create a "smart plastic" bag using upcycled green algae. Eranova extracts starch from the algae to produce a biodegradable and compostable resin used to manufacture packaging materials. Meanwhile, by-products such as biomass are used as biofuel or animal protein intake or by the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
- A Gurgaon-based company has also managed to pioneer the Indian biopolymer landscape with a bioplastic derived from compostable corn starch, called Dr. Bio. The plant-based biopolymer received approval from the Institute of Petrochemicals Technology in the country in September 2021, allowing it to replace single-use plastic use cases, such as drinking straws, bottles, cups, disposable cutlery, and polybags. The company has managed to establish a 250,000 sq ft manufacturing facility in Ludhiana to support its operations in the commercial biopolymer market.
Asia Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market for Paper Cups
- Packaging demand for paper cups in the region dominates firstly due to the comparative population and secondly because of away from home consumption rising across Central and Southeastern Asia.
- For instance, according to data published by Vietnam Pulp and Paper Association (VPPA), the consumption of paper for packaging in the country during the month of May 2021 stood at 404,711 tons, which was slightly down (4%) compared to the previous month.
- Various paper Cups packaging vendors operating in the region are optimistic about their prospects in 2021 and the following years, owing to Vietnam's stable business situation. Moreover, according to SSI Securities Joint Stock Company, in Vietnam, the consumption of paper packaging is expected to increase by 12% during the forecast period due to continuing urbanization. These are the positive aspects that let the paper cup packaging grow.
- As per the World Bank data, around 35% of India's entire population will live in cities by 2020. The demand for paper cups in India would be driven by rising urbanization and the increased use of paper cups in quick-service restaurants for providing cold beverages.
- In the region, QSRs have been aligned to fuel demand for paper cups; for instance, Starbucks debuted a new line of environmentally friendly packaging, including coffee ground straws and reusable cold beverage paper cups. In the coming years, such initiatives to promote recyclable and reusable paper cups will increase market growth.
- Starting from January 2021, the Chinese government prohibited the use of single-use and non-biodegradable plastics in eateries. The move is intended to encourage the usage of environmentally friendly products and lifestyles. The government is also making investments in paper recycling. These factors are formulating a promising and innovative market for paper cups.
The competitive landscape of the market is becoming increasingly fragmented, leading due to the entry of several small players in the emerging markets. In the developed economies, though, the market remains relatively consolidated as compared to developing economies. Some of the recent developments in the market are as follows: -
- May 2021- Graphic Packaging Holding Company stated that its successful partnership with International Paper Company came to an end. International Paper's membership interests in Graphic Packaging International's partners were exchanged for an equal number of shares of Graphic Packaging's common stock in the last installment. As a result, Graphic Packaging owns the partnership entirely.
- Dec 2020- BrandBase created the Jungle Cup, the world's first plastic-free disposable coffee cup that biodegrades in 12 weeks without the use of industrial processing. The Jungle Cup is named for the fact that for every cup sold, enough money is contributed to the Rainforest Trust, an international conservation group, to protect 1 hectare of threatened rainforest.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 (Rising demand for on-the-go consumption of beverages | Recent innovations have aided shelf-life, etc.)
- 4.3 Market Challenges
- 4.3.1 (Recyclability-related concerns in the form of disposal and high levels of fragmentation are expected to affect profit margins)
- 4.4 Environmental Standards and Regulations
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
- 4.6.1 (Key themes include the impact of the growing demand for single-use products| Impact of regional trends and developments)
5 COVERAGE ON BIODEGRADABLE PACKAGING MARKET
- 5.1 Current Market Scenario
- 5.2 Market Breakdown - By Region
- 5.3 Market Breakdown - By Material Type (Plastic and Paper)
- 5.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Biodegradable Packaging Market
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Cup Type
- 6.1.1 Hot Paper Cups
- 6.1.2 Cold Paper Cups
- 6.2 By End-User
- 6.2.1 Quick Service Restaurants
- 6.2.2 Institutional
- 6.2.3 Other End-Users
- 6.3 By Wall Type
- 6.3.1 Single Wall Paper Cups
- 6.3.2 Double Wall Paper Cups
- 6.3.3 Triple Wall Paper Cups
- 6.4 By Geography
- 6.4.1 North America
- 6.4.2 Europe
- 6.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.4.4 Latin America
- 6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Graphic Packaging International
- 7.1.2 Dart Container Corporation
- 7.1.3 Konie Cups International Inc.
- 7.1.4 Huhtamaki OYJ
- 7.1.5 Kap Cones Private Limited
- 7.1.6 Eco-products Inc. (Waddington North America)
- 7.1.7 Phoenix Packaging Operations LLC
- 7.1.8 Detmold Group
- 7.1.9 Benders Paper Cups
- 7.1.10 Georgia Pacific LLC (Koch Industries Inc.)
- 7.1.11 Go-Pak UK Ltd
- 7.1.12 Genpak LLC (Great Pacific Enterprises Inc.)
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK