무선 스피커 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Wireless Speaker Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2022년 01월 || 상품코드
| 페이지 정보
|| 2-3일 (영업일 기준)
무선 스피커 시장 : 성장, 동향, COVID-19의 영향, 예측(2021-2026년)
Wireless Speaker Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
|발행일 : 2022년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
무선 스피커 시장의 총 출하대수는 2020년 2억 2,700만 대에 달한 것으로 추정됩니다. 시장은 2021-2026년간 13.5%의 연평균 복합 성장률(CAGR)로 확대되어 2026년까지 5억대에 이를 것으로 예측됩니다. 스마트홈 부문에 대한 투자, 휴대용 스피커 선호도 증가, 무선 스피커 부문에서의 제품 혁신이 무선 스피커 채용을 가속하는 주요인 중 하나입니다. 무선 스피커 시장에서는 제품 혁신률이 높기 때문에 대부분의 무선 스피커는 현재 적정 가격으로 제공되고 있습니다. 무선 스피커는 사용하기 쉬어서 조사 대상 시장에서 한층 더 기회가 발생하고 있습니다.
주로 음성 어시스턴트 트렌드 기능에 의해 전 세계적으로 스마트 스피커의 성장 경향이 높아지고 있고, 무선 스피커용 스페이스를 더욱 발전시키고 있습니다. 최근 밀레니얼 세대 사용자의 스피커 시장 투자 증가와 편리하고 휴대하기 쉬운 장치 선호에 의해 세계 스피커 제조업체는 유선 스피커에서 무선 기술로 전환해야 했습니다. 처음에 대부분의 시장 벤더는 음악을 재생하면서 스피커를 들고 다니는 것을 좋아하는 밀레니얼 세대 사용자를 타겟으로 하고 있었습니다. Google, Amazon과 같은 기업들은 최근 더욱 이 고객 기반을 타겟으로 하고 있습니다. 시장 벤더는 또한 더 많은 고객을 유치하기 위해서 생활방수(splash resistant) 또는 방수 등의 추가 기능을 제공합니다.
현재 Bluetooth 스피커는 많은 지역에서 높은 시장 점유율을 차지하고 있습니다. 그러나 추세는 주로 Wi-Fi 스피커로 이동하고 있습니다. 대기 시간, 신뢰성, 인터넷 직접 접속, 다중 모드 등의 기능은 많은 고객으로부터 보고되고 있는 Bluetooth 스피커와 비교한 Wi-Fi 스피커의 장점 중 하나입니다. Sonos와 같은 기업은 최대 16비트, 1,536 kbps 비트레이트 및 CD 품질 레벨 이상의 48kHz 샘플 레이트를 지원하는 Wi-Fi 스피커를 판매하고 있습니다. 60개 이상의 일렉트로닉스 기업으로 구성되는 WirelessSpeaker and Audio Association(WiSA)와 같은 이니셔티브는 무선 스피커 전반에 걸쳐 표준/고해상도 오디오를 장려하고, 시장에서 제품 혁신을 더욱 지원합니다.
세계의 무선 스피커(Wireless Speaker) 시장에 대해 조사했으며, 시장 개요, 접속 유형별·지역별 동향, 시장 진출기업 프로파일 등의 정보를 정리하여 전해드립니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장 인사이트
- 시장 개요
- 업계 밸류체인 분석
- Porter의 산업 분석
- 업계에 대한 COVID-19의 영향 평가
제5장 시장 역학
- 시장 추진력
- 무선 휴대용 스피커 사용 증가
- 스마트홈 부문에서의 수요 증가
- 시장 억제요인
제6장 기술 현황과 정부 규제 및 인증
제7장 시장 세분화
- 접속 유형별
- Wi-Fi(콤보 스피커를 포함한 스마트 스피커 제외)
- 스마트 스피커
- 중동 및 아프리카
제8장 경쟁 구도
- 기업 개요
- Bose Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd(Harman International Industries Inc.)
- Sonos Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Koninkluke Philips NV
- Beats Electronics LLC(Apple Inc.)
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Logitech International
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Electronics Inc.
- Bang & Olufsen
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Google LLC
- Baidu Inc
- Xiaomi Corporation
제9장 투자 분석
제10장 시장의 미래
The overall shipments of wireless speakers market were estimated at 227 million units in 2020, and it is expected to reach a volume of 500 million by the end of 2026, registering a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. The growing investment in the smart home segment, increasing preference for portable speakers, and increasing product innovations in the wireless speaker segment are some of the major factors driving the adoption of wireless speakers. Due to the high rate of product innovation in the studied market, most wireless speakers now come at affordable prices. They are convenient to use, which is further creating opportunities in the studied market.
- The growing trend of smart speakers across the globe, mainly due to the trending feature of voice assistant, is further developing space for the wireless speakers. In recent years, the growing investment by millennial users in the speakers market and their preference for convenient and easy-to-carry devices have forced global speaker manufacturers to shift to wireless technology from wired speakers. Initially, most market vendors target millennial users who like to carry their speakers around while playing music. Companies like Google and Amazon are increasingly targeting this customer base in recent years. Market vendors are also providing additional features such as splash resistant or water-resistant into their offering to attract more customers.
- Although, presently, Bluetooth speakers are accounting for significant market share in many of the regions; however, the trend is mainly shifting towards Wi-Fi speakers. Features like latency, reliability, direct connection to the internet, and multiple modes are some of the advantages of Wi-Fi speakers over the Bluetooth reported by many customers. Companies like Sonos are selling Wi-Fi speakers that support audio up to 16-bit depth, 1,536kbps bitrate, and 48 kHz sample rates above the CD-quality level. An initiative like the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association (WiSA), consisting of more than 60 electronics companies, promotes standards and high-resolution audio across wireless speakers, which further supports product innovation in the market.
- Additionally, increasing subscription or usage on online music and video streaming platform have spurred the market growth, globally. With a massive growth in the global music streaming revenue from USD 1.4 billion in 2013 to USD 8.9 billion in 2018, the online streaming platform also experienced an increase driven by customers' engagement with streaming, particularly paid subscription audio streaming. Moreover, market vendors like Sonos recently launched Sonos Radio, a free, ad-supported streaming radio experience that brings 60,000 global stations to sound system. This is also driving the demand for wireless speakers. Google Home Max, Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen and JBL Link 10 are some wireless smart speakers with AI technology. It is expected that the end-user spending on a virtual personal assistant enabled wireless speakers are estimated to cross USD 3.5 billion by 2021.
- The COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market in the current year. It is anticipated to continue to have an effect for the first two quarters of the year following it, as the supply chain has experienced a considerable disruption owing to the COVID-19 being declared as a pandemic. Asian countries such as China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan, who have a significant presence of manufacturers of the raw materials used in wireless speakers manufacturing, have experienced lockdown and disrupted the production schedules. The sales have been down as the lockdown in most of the global economies has been resulted in deliveries limited to essentials and has resulted in companies revising their revenue targets. However, in many countries, the Smart Home segment products witnessed increased demand after the ease of lockdown.
Key Market Trends
Bluetooth Wireless Speakers are Expected to Hold the Major Share
- The need and popularity of the wireless speakers bolstered the demand for Bluetooth speakers over the past few years. This trend can be attributed to the greater availability of these devices at affordable prices and the consumer preference for smart portable devices. The growing trend of True Wireless Connectivity (TWS), where one can connect two Bluetooth speakers and double the output, is mainly driving the adoption of Bluetooth speakers among the millennials. Although multiroom wireless speakers that connect directly to the Internet instead of relying on phone or computer, meaning preventing calls, texts, and other notifications from interrupting playback have posed a challenge to Bluetooth speakers.
- Moreover, Chromecast built-in speakers have also threatened the demand for Bluetooth speakers, as they can instantly stream music, radio, or podcasts from a mobile device to speakers. Unlike Bluetooth setup, Chromecast built-in speakers work over Wi-Fi to connect more than one device to speakers at a time and control what's playing from anywhere in the house. Nevertheless, constant product innovations and advancements have sustained the market for Bluetooth speakers. These encroachments include developing water-resistant speakers to connect more than one device with considerable battery life.
- At IFA 2019, JBL launched Pulse 4, a speaker with 360- degree sound and a light show that uses high-resolution LEDs to create a party mood with music and light. The new speaker has Wireless Bluetooth streaming enabling up to two smartphones or tablets to be connected simultaneously. In the same year, Sony Corporation launched the SRS-XB12 EXTRA BASS Waterproof Bluetooth speaker in India. This speaker is IP67-rated, which makes it resistant to dust and water. In June 2020, China-based Huawei announced launching its FreeGo portable Bluetooth speakers next month built to produce the one-touch sound transmission along with wireless sound transmission.
- Furthermore, while Zakk, in 2019, launched Woodstock wireless Bluetooth speaker delivering an output of 24W, and come with built-in mic and subwoofer, and universal connectivity, Boat introduced its Boat Stone 1400 speaker, in the same year, that came equipped with Bluetooth v4.2 with a transmission range of 10 meters. Moreover, the evolution of lithium-ion batteries helped the portable speaker market immensely by offering more extended playtime with the need for frequent charging. Power banks and quick charging technology assisted in fuelling the demand by addressing charging concerns and reducing the weight of speakers.
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share in the wireless speaker market. The technological breakthroughs have assisted the advancement of wireless speakers that can significantly improve accuracy in various applications. The United States had marked the beginning of early use of portable speakers, owing to increased penetration of smartphones and other mobile devices along with the availability of online music and video streaming at the earliest. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, the paid subscription streaming music revenue in the United States rose from USD 474 million in the first half of 2015 to USD 3300 million in the first half of 2019, which was more than any other country.
- According to the Consumer Technology Association, in the United States, in 2019, 88% of the wireless speakers sold in the country were Bluetooth feature enabled followed by Wi-Fi- and smart speakers with 67% and 62% shares, respectively. Moreover, the exponential proliferation of smart devices or other dedicated wireless controllers propels smart speakers' requirements and boosts the country's wireless speaker market. According to the Consumer Technology Association, wireless speaker sales in the United States increased from 17.75 million units in 2015 to 71.11 million units in 2019, which was a considerable rise.
- In support of this demand for wireless speakers, the extensive use of Bluetooth technology further strengthens the market demand. Sony, Philips, Panasonic, and Bose are the most used speakers in the country. Furthermore, for companies like Bose based out of North America, the United States generates a significant portion of revenues. For companies like Sony Corporation and Samsung Group that are found out of the Asia-Pacific region, the United States offers a lucrative opportunity for expansion. This is owing to rapid technological developments and higher smart home penetration in the region.
- In September 2019, US-based Bose extended its line of multiroom wireless audio speakers and launched Portable Home Speaker. This battery-powered smart speaker has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice assistants. In June 2020, US-based telecom company, Comcast corporation announced to extend free access to its 1.5 million public Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone, including people who are not customers, for the remainder of 2020. The move comes as the US looks to reopen amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The wireless speaker market is quite fragmented, as changing consumer demands are pushing companies to innovate in the space to attract more consumers. The competition in this market has intensified over the years, with companies launching a multitude of products to attract consumers. Some of the market players are Sony Corporation, Harman International Industries, Bose Corporation, Sonos Inc., and Amazon.com Inc.
- May 2020 - Sony unveiled its new SRS-XB wireless speakers for 2020. These three new devices (the SRS-XB23, SRS-XB33, and SRS-XB43) are based on the OEM's X-Balanced Speaker Unit, which has specially-designed non-circular and off-center speaker diaphragms. The distortion is reduced by 25% in the XB33, while sound pressure is raised by 30%, compared to its predecessor, the XB32.
- April 2020 - Harman launched its first eco-friendly portable Bluetooth speaker. The JBL Flip 5 Eco edition, the company's first portable Bluetooth speaker, was made of 90% recycled plastic. The Flip 5 Eco comes in 'Ocean' blue and 'Forest' green, and the special edition speakers are packaged in eco-friendly packaging, including a protective case made of biodegradable materials.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Increased Usage of Wireless Portable Speakers
- 5.1.2 Growing Demand in Smart Home Segment
- 5.2 Market Restraints
- 5.2.1 Signal Interference that Causes Degradation in the Sound Quality
6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 Connectivity Type
- 7.1.1 Bluetooth
- 7.1.2 Wi-Fi (Incl. Combo Speakers and Excl. Smart Speakers)
- 7.1.3 Smart Speakers
- 7.2 Geography
- 7.2.1 North America
- 7.2.2 Europe
- 7.2.3 Asia Pacific
- 7.2.4 Latin America
- 7.2.5 Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 Company Profiles
- 8.1.1 Bose Corporation
- 8.1.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (Harman International Industries Inc.)
- 8.1.3 Sonos Inc.
- 8.1.4 Sony Corporation
- 8.1.5 Koninkluke Philips NV
- 8.1.6 Beats Electronics LLC (Apple Inc.)
- 8.1.7 Amazon.com Inc.
- 8.1.8 Logitech International
- 8.1.9 Panasonic Corporation
- 8.1.10 Pioneer Electronics Inc.
- 8.1.11 Bang & Olufsen
- 8.1.12 LG Electronics Inc.
- 8.1.13 Google LLC
- 8.1.14 Baidu Inc
- 8.1.15 Xiaomi Corporation
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET