T&D networks are growing rapidly, causing demand in the power infrastructure market sector to grow. This NRG Expert market research report has been written to accompany the database, to provide an analysis of the global power infrastructure market, with a particular focus on electrical power transformers, electric switchgear and electrical substations. It provides insightful analysis and forecasts on the transmission and distribution market, electrical supply industry and T&D companies. This analysis is essential for identifying the opportunities in this sector.
The Global Power Infrastructure database contains important forecast information and current figures on this sector. It consists of a global data set with the following sections:
- Annual Demand
- MVA Capacity
What's in the Global Power Infrastructure Market Database?
The Annual Demand section includes 2018 actual figures and forecasts for 2019-2023 in 2018 United States Dollars (USD) for:
- All Power Infrastructure Equipment
- Electrical Power Transformers
- Electric Switchgear
- Electrical Substations
The Capex section includes 2018 actual figures for the entire T&D section, 2018 actual figures for the Infrastructure market and 2019-2023 forecast figures for the infrastructure market. Data is presented both by regions and by individual nations.
The MVA Capacity section includes 2018 actual figures and 2019-2023 forecast figures. Data is presented both by regions and by individual nations.
The Global Power Infrastructure Report provides valuable context and additional insight into this market and consists of several sections. A detailed historical overview discusses the origins of the electrical supply industry, which provides the basis for a discussion of today's market factors and the future of the infrastructure sector. Our definition of the infrastructure sector is also included, along with an illustration of our annual demand data (forecasted to 2023) and intelligence on infrastructure companies.
Presented in the Global Power Infrastructure Report:
- Sector historical overview
- Definition of sector
- Charts of database information
- Company intelligence
Key Reasons to Purchase this Market Research
This NRG Expert Report and Database allows you to make key business decisions based on our forecasts and analysis of the transformers, switchgear and substations sector. Reasons to purchase the database include:
- Gain a global understanding of the transformers, switchgear and substations sector
- Understand the trends, developments and opportunities in this sector
- Manipulate the in-depth data
- Prepare market size evaluations and sector forecasts
Background to this Market Research
- T&D networks are growing every year and new infrastructure is required to keep pace as old technology is replaced
- Different market forces are at work in the world's developed and developing nations
- The market for retrofitting old technology is expanding rapidly
Highlights from this Market Research
As systems mature, in many cases in countries with static or even declining populations little expansion takes place except for housing rebuilds. In these countries there is a growing market for replacement, retrofit and refurbishment. In developing countries different dynamics are operating. Although expansion in developing countries, notably in large countries such as India, continues and there has been fast growth in recent years; major distribution systems installed in the 1960s are now in need of replacement reaching the end of their design lives.
Investment in transmission has lagged in recent years except in developing markets, especially China. In the process of market liberalization, T&D are subject to more regulation than generation and supply and the effect has been to divert investment from distribution and to an even greater extent form transmission to other more profit-driven sectors of the industry.
Table of Contents
T&D networks are growing rapidly, causing demand in the power infrastructure market sector to grow in tandem as networks expand and existing infrastructure ages. 'As a result, there is a growing market for retrofitting and refurbishment. 'This NRG Expert report and database provides an analysis of the global power infrastructure market, which includes electrical power transformers, switchgear and substations. 'It provides data and forecasts for this sector's annual demand, capital expenditure and MVA capacity. 'This data and analysis is essential for identifying the opportunities in this sector.
- The T&D Market
- Origins of the Electrical Supply Industry
- The early origins
- Parallel developments
- The first networks
- Regional evolution of networks
- Planned systems - the Pool concept
- United States
- Germany - Bavaria
- Great Britain
- Market Factors
- The importance of refurbishment, retrofit instead of replacement is rising.
- Increasing share of the service element in through-life contracts.
- Increasing construction of interconnectors to utilise surplus generating capacity and to supply low capacity regions
- Recognition of the need for increased investment in transmission.
- Expansion of distribution networks in large developing countries
- Capital Expenditure
- T&D Sectors
- Annual Demand
- T&D Companies
- Global Market Shares
- Company Listings
- Stage 1 - T&D Forecasts
- Stage 2 - Modeling 21
- Stage 3 - Background Research
- Stage 4 - Verification