Global Microfinance Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Service Type (Group and Individual Micro Credit, Insurance, Leasing, and Others) and Forecast 2020-2026
The global microfinance market is projected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period. The major factors contributing to the growth of the market include the rising initiatives and programs by the government to drive the industrial sector of the country. For instance, the 'Make in India' is a program introduced by Government of India in 2014, to encourage manufacturing of products in India. The microfinance market is classified on the basis of the services offered by the industry, which includes group and individual micro credit, insurance, leasing, and others. The group and individual micro credit services segment contributes significant share in the microfinance market is expected to project considerable CAGR during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the rising demand for business loans from micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs). However, the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the market growth across the globe. Though, with a significant support from the government, the market is expected to slowly get back on track after the end of COVID-19 in the respective countries.
Geographically, the global microfinance market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is estimated to contribute significant share in the global microfinance market. This growth is backed by the rising population leading to the rise in geriatric population and continuous growth in the research activities in the region, especially in India, China, South Korea, and Japan. India contributes a major share in Asia-Pacific microfinance market. The dominance of the country is backed by the presence of key market players in India, such as Bandhan Bank Ltd. and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
The global microfinance market is influenced by product development and advancements conducted by the market players. The key players of the microfinance market include Accion International, Bandhan Bank Ltd., Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), Grameen Bank, Jamii Bora Bank, Kiva Microfunds, and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). These players are playing a significant role in the growth of the microfinance market by providing various products and adopting several strategies such as merger and acquisition, partnerships and collaboration, technological development, and others.
The market study of the global microfinance market is incorporated by extensive primary and secondary research conducted by the research team. Secondary research has been conducted to refine the available data to breakdown the market in various segments, derive total market size, market forecast, and growth rate. Different approaches have been worked on to derive the market value and market growth rate. Our team collects facts and data related to the market from different geography to provide a better regional outlook. In the report, the country-level analysis is provided by analyzing various regional players, regional tax laws and policies, consumer behavior, and macro-economic factors. Numbers extracted from secondary research have been authenticated by conducting proper primary research. It includes tracking down key people from the industry and interviewing them to validate the data. This enables our analyst to derive the closest possible figures without any major deviations in the actual number. Our analysts try to contact as many executives, managers, key opinion leaders, and industry experts. Primary research brings the authenticity of our reports.
Secondary sources include:
- Financial reports of companies involved in the market
- Whitepapers, research-papers, and news blogs
- Company websites and their product catalog
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the market size and growth opportunities. The report will serve as a source for 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights into the market for better business decisions.
1. Global Microfinance Market Research and Analysis by Service Type
The Report Covers:
- Comprehensive research methodology of the global microfinance market.
- This report also includes a detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- An exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the global microfinance market.
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the global market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
Table of Contents
1. Report Summary
- 1.1. Research Methods and Tools
- 1.2. Market Breakdown
- 1.2.1. By Segments
- 1.2.2. By Geography
2. Market Overview and Insights
- 2.1. Scope of the Report
- 2.2. Analyst Insight & Current Market Trends
- 2.2.1. Key Findings
- 2.2.2. Recommendations
- 2.2.3. Conclusion
- 2.3. Rules & Regulations
3. Competitive Landscape
- 3.1. Company Share Analysis
- 3.2. Key Strategy Analysis
- 3.3. Key Company Analysis
- 3.3.1. Overview
- 3.3.2. Financial Analysis
- 3.3.3. SWOT Analysis
- 3.3.4. Recent Developments
4. Market Determinants
- 4.1. Motivators
- 4.2. Restraints
- 4.3. Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1. Global Microfinance Market by Service Type
- 5.1.1. Group and Individual Micro Credit
- 5.1.2. Insurance
- 5.1.3. Leasing
- 5.1.4. Others (Micro Investment Funds)
6. Regional Analysis
- 6.1. North America
- 6.1.1. United States
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. UK
- 6.2.2. Germany
- 6.2.3. Italy
- 6.2.4. Spain
- 6.2.5. France
- 6.2.6. Rest of Europe
- 6.3. Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.1. China
- 6.3.2. India
- 6.3.3. Japan
- 6.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.4. Rest of the World
7. Company Profiles
- 7.1. Accion International
- 7.2. Adie
- 7.3. Asirvad Micro Finance Ltd. (Manappuram Finance Ltd.)
- 7.4. Bajaj Finance Ltd.
- 7.5. Bancamia S.A.
- 7.6. Banco do Nordeste do Brasil SA
- 7.7. Bandhan Bank Ltd.
- 7.8. Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC)
- 7.9. BSS Microfinance Ltd.
- 7.10. CreditAccess Grameen Ltd.
- 7.11. Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd.
- 7.12. Fusion Microfinance
- 7.13. Grameen Bank
- 7.14. ICICI Bank
- 7.15. Jamii Bora Bank
- 7.16. Kiva Microfunds
- 7.17. microStart SCRL
- 7.18. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- 7.19. PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia Tbk
- 7.20. Qredits Microfinanciering Nederland
- 7.21. Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd.