The global collaborative robotics market is experiencing a strong growth trend that is being driven by several factors. All of the business rationale and benefits of using industrial robots apply to collaborative robots (cobots) as well. The same factors of efficiency, quality, and automation of production are propelling the growing adoption of cobots in companies large and small. Labor shortages and the demand for high mix/low volume production are creating a surge of smart factories and the rapid automation of production facilities around the world.
The benefits of lower costs, increased safety, greater flexibility, rapid setup, and easier training, along with the more effective use of personnel, are driving factors for cobot demand in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). More cobot startups are entering the industry to satisfy this demand with new user-friendly cobot offerings, making the market increasingly competitive and diverse. Growth is being driven initially by SMEs wishing to automate simple repetitive tasks without requiring major changes to infrastructure, high capital expenditures, or engineering staff. In the enterprise space, the warehousing & logistics and food & beverage sectors are emerging as key markets. Tractica expects the cobot market to continue growing rapidly and provide significant opportunities by offering compelling benefits and rapid ROI to end users.
This Tractica Market Radar examines the six leading companies in the cobot industry that should be on your radar. It discusses the crucial market drivers, challenges, and industry applications for their products and provides a heatmap that illustrates some of their relative strengths. The top six industry players include three pure cobot vendors and three industrial robotics vendors. This report provides insight into the leading cobot companies and their technologies and applications across the major industrial and enterprise segments and includes recommendations for vendors and end users.
Key Questions Addressed:
- Which companies are important cobot players and what are their products and services?
- How are the six leading cobot vendors positioned in the global market?
- What is the current state of the global cobot market?
- What key market trends are affecting the growth of the cobot market?
- What are the major drivers of market growth and the key challenges faced by the industry?
- What are the strategic recommendations for cobot vendors and end users?
Who Needs This Report?
- Cobot hardware manufacturers and integrators
- Cobot platform service providers
- Smart manufacturers
- Small and medium enterprises
- Cobot component makers
- Systems integrators
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Catalyst
- 1.2. Tractica View
- 1.3. Key Messages
- 2.1. Recommendations for End Users
- 2.2. Recommendations for Vendors
3. Market Scope
- 3.1. Definition and Characteristics
- 3.2. Key Capabilities
- 3.3. Business Value and Applications
4. Market Landscape
- 4.1. Market Origin and Dynamics
- 4.2. Key Trends in the Cobot Market
- 4.3. Future Market Development
- 4.4. Vendor Landscape
5. Market Radar Vendors: Collaborative Robots
- 5.1. On the Radar: ABB
- 5.1.1. Key Messages
- 5.1.2. Tractica View: Why Put ABB on Your Radar?
- 5.1.3. Highlights
- 220.127.116.11. Background
- 18.104.22.168. Current Position
- 5.1.4. Datasheet
- 5.2. On the Radar: FANUC
- 5.2.1. Key Messages
- 5.2.2. Tractica View: Why Put FANUC on Your Radar?
- 5.2.3. Highlights
- 22.214.171.124. Background
- 126.96.36.199. Current Position
- 5.2.4. Datasheet
- 5.3. On the Radar: Kawasaki
- 5.3.1. Key Messages
- 5.3.2. Tractica View: Why Put Kawasaki on Your Radar?
- 5.3.3. Highlights
- 188.8.131.52. Background
- 184.108.40.206. Current Position
- 5.3.4. Datasheet
- 5.4. On the Radar: Rethink
- 5.4.1. Key Messages
- 5.4.2. Tractica View: Why Put Rethink / HAHN Group on Your Radar?
- 5.4.3. Highlights
- 220.127.116.11. Background
- 18.104.22.168. Current Position
- 5.4.4. Datasheet
- 5.5. On the Radar: Techman
- 5.5.1. Key Messages
- 5.5.2. Tractica View: Why Put Techman on Your Radar?
- 5.5.3. Highlights
- 22.214.171.124. Background
- 126.96.36.199. Current Position
- 5.5.4. Datasheet
- 5.6. On the Radar: Universal Robots
- 5.6.1. Key Messages
- 5.6.2. Tractica View: Why Put Universal Robots on Your Radar?
- 5.6.3. Highlights
- 188.8.131.52. Background
- 184.108.40.206. Current Position
- 5.6.4. Datasheet
- Key Industry Players by Category
- ABB Datasheet
- FANUC Datasheet
- Kawasaki Datasheet
- Rethink Datasheet
- Techman Datasheet (A Subsidiary of Quanta Computer
- Universal Robots Datasheet
- Tractica Heatmap for the Cobot Market