The India base oil market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. Base oil is used as a raw material to produce lubricants and the composition usually varies depending upon the application. Rapid industrialisation is one of the major factors responsible for the driving the market growth. Additionally, rapidly growing automotive industry coupled with rise in number of automobile manufacturing plants are some other factors that are anticipated to boost the growth of base oil market in the country over the coming years. Moreover, increasing use of lubricants in numerous end user industries is further propelling the product demand in the country. Furthermore, rise in sales of vehicles along with growth in logistics & aviation industry and trade are anticipated to play a considerable role in bolstering the India base oil market over the coming years. However, the India base oil market is likely to get subdued during the forecast period due to the factors such as fluctuating costs of crude oil and regulations concerning emission norms.
The India base oil market can be segmented based on type, application, company and region. In terms of application, the market is fragmented into industrial oil, metalworking fluids, hydraulic oil, greases, and others. Out of which, the automotive oil application dominated the market until 2019 and is further anticipated to maintain its lead during the forecast period in terms of both value and volume. The segment growth is accredited to rapid expansion of the automotive sector in the country.
Major players in the India base oil market include Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Total S.A., SK Lubricants & Oils India Pvt Ltd., BP PLC, Chevron Lubricants India Pvt Ltd, Petronas Pvt. Ltd., Shell India Pvt Ltd, ADNOC and others. The companies in the market are focusing on collaborations in order to expand their market share.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyse and forecast the market size of India base oil market
- To forecast India base oil market based on type, application, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India base oil market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions etc. in India base oil market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for India base oil market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players operating in the India base oil market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of base oil manufacturers across the region. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the product types, application types and presence of all major base oil manufacturers across the region.
TechSci Research calculated India base oil market size using a bottom-up approach, where data for various end user industries and its application across various product types were recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also used by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Base oil manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, industry associations, forums and alliances related to base oil
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as product manufacturers, end users etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India base oil market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India base oil market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
- Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.
Table of Contents
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. India Base Oil Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 5.2.1. By Type (Group I, Group II, Group III, Group IV, and Group V)
- 5.2.2. By Application (Automotive Oil, Industrial Oil, Metalworking Fluids, Hydraulic Oil, Greases, and Others)
- 5.2.3. By Region (East; West; North; South)
- 5.2.4. By Company (2019)
- 5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. North India Base Oil Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 6.2.1. By Type
- 6.2.2. By Application
7. East India Base Oil Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 7.2.1. By Type
- 7.2.2. By Application
8. South India Base Oil Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 8.2.1. By Type
- 8.2.2. By Application
9. West India Base Oil Market Outlook
- 9.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 9.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 9.2.1. By Type
- 9.2.2. By Application
10. Market Dynamics
- 10.1. Drivers
- 10.2. Challenges
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
13. Pricing Analysis
- 13.1. By Company
- 13.2. By Type
14. India Economic Profile
15. Competitive Landscape
- 15.1. Competition Outlook
- 15.2. Company Profiles
- 15.2.1. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- 15.2.2. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- 15.2.3. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- 15.2.4. Total S.A.
- 15.2.5. SK Lubricants & Oils India Pvt Ltd.
- 15.2.6. BP PLC
- 15.2.7. Chevron Lubricants India Pvt Ltd
- 15.2.8. Petronas Pvt. Ltd.
- 15.2.9. Shell India Pvt Ltd
- 15.2.10. ADNOC
16. Strategic Recommendations
17. About Us & Disclaimer