United States railway platform security market is expected to grow at a substantial rate during the forecast period. The safety and security of railway passengers is interconnected with the security of railway assets like trains and railway platforms. The key factors expected to drive the growth of the United States railway platform security market include growing suicidal cases and rising requirement to lessen illicit access to platforms. Additionally, rising proposals by the governing bodies along with the PPP model are further driving the market in the country.
The United States railway platform security market is segmented based on component, application, company and region. Based on component, the market can be categorized into solutions and services. The solutions segment is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period since railway platform security market is a solution-driven market. Moreover, the enterprises are deploying perimeter intrusion solutions like video surveillance and systems sensors, to prevent security intrusion. Along with that, they are focusing more on protecting fences, walls as well as gates through sensors such as radar sensors, fiber optic sensors, infrared sensors and microwave sensors. Furthermore, the solutions are used to enhance the operational efficiency and railways' management systems, thus driving the segment growth.
Major players operating in the United States railway platform security market include Honeywell, FLIR Systems, Zhejiang Dahua, STANLEY, Wabtec, Avnet, Anixter. and others. The companies are focusing on inorganic and organic growth strategies in order to strengthen their market position and to expand their geographic reach. For instance, in February 2019, Indra Sistemas entered a partnership with Begirale, which is a technology-based company specialized in computer vision and computer intelligence technologies. As per the collaboration, Indra Sistemas would use Begirale's products, begicrossing and begirail in order to enhance railway safety.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of United States railway platform security market.
- To classify and forecast United States railway platform security market based on component, application, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for United States railway platform security market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in United States railway platform security market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in United States railway platform security market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of service providers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the service providers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the service providers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of United States railway platform security market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Railway platform security service providers, vendors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to railway platform security
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as service providers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, United States railway platform security market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Platform Edge Doors/Platform Screen Doors
- Alert/Alarm Systems
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
- Market, By Application:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in United States railway platform security market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Table of Contents
1. Component Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. United States Railway Platform Security Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 5.2.1. By Component (Solutions and Services)
- 126.96.36.199. By Solution (Sensors, Video Surveillance Systems, Platform Edge Doors/Platform Screen Doors, Alert/Alarm Systems)
- 188.8.131.52. By Services (Professional Services and Managed Services)
- 5.2.2. By Application (Subways and Trains)
- 5.2.3. By Region
- 5.2.4. By Company
- 5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. North-East United States Railway Platform Security Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 6.2.1. By Component
- 6.2.2. By Application
7. Mid-West United States Railway Platform Security Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 7.2.1. By Component
- 7.2.2. By Application
8. West United States Railway Platform Security Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 8.2.1. By Component
- 8.2.2. By Application
9. South United States Railway Platform Security Market Outlook
- 9.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 9.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 9.2.1. By Component
- 9.2.2. By Application
10. Market Dynamics
- 10.1. Drivers
- 10.2. Challenges
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
13. United States Economic Profile
14. Competitive Landscape (Partial list of companies)
- 14.1. Honeywell
- 14.2. FLIR Systems
- 14.3. Zhejiang Dahua
- 14.4. STANLEY
- 14.5. Wabtec
- 14.6. Avnet
- 14.7. Anixter
15. Strategic Recommendations
16. About Us & Disclaimer