The Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014-2019: Deal trends, players and financials report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the orphan diseases partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies
Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014 to 2019 provides the full collection of Orphan Diseases disease deals signed between the world's pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies since 2014.
Trends in Orphan Diseases partnering deals
Financial deal terms for headline, upfront and royalty by stage of development
Orphan Diseases partnering agreement structure
Orphan Diseases partnering contract documents
Top Orphan Diseases deals by value
Most active Orphan Diseases dealmakers
Most of the deals included within the report occur when a licensee obtains a right or an option right to license a licensor's product or technology. More often these days these deals tend to be multi-component including both a collaborative R&D and a commercialization of outcomes element.
The report takes readers through the comprehensive Orphan Diseases disease deal trends, key players and top deal values allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms companies are currently entering Orphan Diseases deals.
The report presents financial deal terms values for Orphan Diseases deals, where available listing by overall headline values, upfront payments, milestones and royalties enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the value of current deals.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Orphan Diseases dealmaking trends.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report.
Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Orphan Diseases dealmaking since 2014 covering trends by year, deal type, stage of development, technology type and therapeutic indication.
Chapter 3 includes an analysis of financial deal terms covering headline value, upfront payment, milestone payments and royalty rates.
Chapter 4 provides a review of the leading Orphan Diseases deals since 2014. Deals are listed by headline value. The chapter includes the top 25 most active Orphan Diseases dealmakers, together with a full listing of deals to which they are a party. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 5 provides comprehensive access to Orphan Diseases deals since 2014 where a deal contract is available, providing the user with direct access to contracts as filed with the SEC regulatory authorities. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive directory of all Orphan Diseases partnering deals by specific Orphan Diseases target announced since 2014. The chapter is organized by specific Orphan Diseases therapeutic target. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided with each report of all Orphan Diseases partnering deals signed and announced since 2014. The appendices are organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc) and technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Orphan Diseases partnering and dealmaking since 2014.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Orphan Diseases technologies and products.
Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014 to 2019 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Orphan Diseases trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014 to 2019 includes:
- Trends in Orphan Diseases dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Analysis of Orphan Diseases deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to hundreds of Orphan Diseases deal contract documents
- Comprehensive access to over 120 Orphan Diseases deal records
- The leading Orphan Diseases deals by value since 2014
- Most active Orphan Diseases dealmakers since 2014
In Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014 to 2019, available deals and contracts are listed by:
- Headline value
- Upfront payment value
- Royalty rate value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Technology type
- Specific therapy indication
- Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014-2019 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 120 orphan diseases deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Global Orphan Diseases Partnering 2014 to 2019 provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Orphan Diseases deal trends since 2014
- Access Orphan Diseases deal headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Research hundreds of actual contracts between Orphan Diseases partner companies
- Comprehensive access to over 120 links to actual Orphan Diseases deals entered into by the world's biopharma companies
- Indepth review of Orphan Diseases deals entered into by the top 25 most active dealmakers
- Benchmark the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Identify key terms under which companies partner Orphan Diseases opportunities
- Uncover companies actively partnering Orphan Diseases opportunities
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Trends in Orphan Diseases dealmaking
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Orphan Diseases partnering over the years
- 2.3. Orphan Diseases partnering by deal type
- 2.4. Orphan Diseases partnering by industry sector
- 2.5. Orphan Diseases partnering by stage of development
- 2.6. Orphan Diseases partnering by technology type
- 2.7. Orphan Diseases partnering by therapeutic indication
Chapter 3 -Financial deal terms for Orphan Diseases partnering
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Disclosed financials terms for Orphan Diseases partnering
- 3.3. Orphan Diseases partnering headline values
- 3.4. Orphan Diseases deal upfront payments
- 3.5. Orphan Diseases deal milestone payments
- 3.6. Orphan Diseases royalty rates
Chapter 4 - Leading Orphan Diseases deals and dealmakers
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Most active in Orphan Diseases partnering
- 4.3. List of most active dealmakers in Orphan Diseases
- 4.4. Top Orphan Diseases deals by value
Chapter 5 - Orphan Diseases contract document directory
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Orphan Diseases partnering deals where contract document available
Chapter 6 - Orphan Diseases dealmaking by therapeutic target
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Deals by Orphan Diseases therapeutic target
- Appendix 1 - Directory of Orphan Diseases deals by company A-Z since 2014
- Appendix 2 - Directory of Orphan Diseases deals by deal type since 2014
- Appendix 3 - Directory of Orphan Diseases deals by stage of development since 2014
- Appendix 4 - Directory of Orphan Diseases deals by technology type since 2014
- Further reading on dealmaking
- Deal type definitions
- About Wildwood Ventures
- Current Partnering
- Current Agreements
- Recent report titles from CurrentPartnering
Table of figures
- Figure 1: Orphan Diseases partnering since 2014
- Figure 2: Orphan Diseases partnering by deal type since 2014
- Figure 3: Orphan Diseases partnering by industry sector since 2014
- Figure 4: Orphan Diseases partnering by stage of development since 2014
- Figure 5: Orphan Diseases partnering by technology type since 2014
- Figure 6: Orphan Diseases partnering by indication since 2014
- Figure 7: Orphan Diseases deals with a headline value
- Figure 8: Orphan Diseases deals with upfront payment values
- Figure 9: Orphan Diseases deals with milestone payment
- Figure 10: Orphan Diseases deals with royalty rates
- Figure 11: Active Orphan Diseases dealmaking activity since 2014
- Figure 12: Top Orphan Diseases deals by value since 2014