‘Global Pharmaceutical Partnering Terms and Agreements 2014 to 2019 report’ provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter Pharmaceutical partnering deals.
This report provides details of the latest Pharmaceutical agreements announced in the life sciences since 2014.
The report takes the reader through a comprehensive review Pharmaceutical deal trends, key players, top deal values, as well as deal financials, allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms, companies are entering Pharmaceutical partnering deals.
The report presents financial deal term values for Pharmaceutical deals, listing by headline value, upfront payments, milestone payments and royalties, enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the financial value of deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leading dealmakers in the Pharmaceutical partnering field; both the leading deal values and most active Pharmaceutical dealmaker companies are reported allowing the reader to see who is succeeding in this dynamic dealmaking market.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 6,000 online deal records of actual Pharmaceutical deals, as disclosed by the deal parties, are included towards the end of the report in a directory format - by company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, therapy focus, and technology type - that is easy to reference. Each deal record in the report links via Weblink to an online version of the deal.
In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Whilst many companies will be seeking details of the payment clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Pharmaceutical dealmaking. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Pharmaceutical dealmaking since 2014, including details of headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Pharmaceutical deals since 2014. Deals are listed by headline value. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Pharmaceutical dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Pharmaceutical deals announded by that company, as well as contract documents, where available.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Pharmaceutical partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2014, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Pharmaceutical partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2014. The chapter is organized by specific technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
A comprehensive series of appendices is provided organized by Pharmaceutical partnering company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, and therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Pharmaceutical partnering and dealmaking since 2014.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Pharmaceutical technologies and products.
‘Global Pharmaceutical Partnering 2014-2019: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts’ provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Pharmaceutical deal trends since 2014
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of Pharmaceutical agreements with real life case studies
- Detailed access to actual Pharmaceutical contracts entered into by leading biopharma companies
- Identify most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers since 2014
- Insight into terms included in a Pharmaceutical partnering agreement, with real world examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
‘Global Pharmaceutical Partnering 2014-2019: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts’ is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Pharmaceutical trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
‘Pharmaceutical Partnering Terms and Agreements’ includes:
- Trends in Pharmaceutical dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Analysis of Pharmaceutical deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life Pharmaceutical deals
- Access to Pharmaceutical contract documents
- Leading Pharmaceutical deals by value since 2014
- Most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers since 2014
In ‘Global Pharmaceutical Partnering 2014-2019: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts’, the available deals are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
- Technology type
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The ‘Global Pharmaceutical Partnering 2014-2019: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts report’ provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 6,000 Pharmaceutical deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Trends in Pharmaceutical dealmaking
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Pharmaceutical partnering over the years
- 2.3. Most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers
- 2.4. Pharmaceutical partnering by deal type
- 2.5. Pharmaceutical partnering by therapy area
- 2.6. Pharmaceutical partnering by technology type
- 2.7. Deal terms for Pharmaceutical partnering
- 2.7.1. Pharmaceutical partnering headline values
- 2.7.2. Pharmaceutical deal upfront payments
- 2.7.3. Pharmaceutical deal milestone payments
- 2.7.4. Pharmaceutical royalty rates
Chapter 3 - Leading Pharmaceutical deals
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Top Pharmaceutical deals by value
Chapter 4 - Most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers
- 4.3. Most active Pharmaceutical partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 - Pharmaceutical contracts dealmaking directory
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Pharmaceutical contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 - Pharmaceutical dealmaking by technology type
Chapter 7 - Partnering resource center
- 7.1. Online partnering
- 7.2. Partnering events
- 7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
- Appendix 1 - Pharmaceutical deals by company A-Z
- Appendix 2 - Pharmaceutical deals by stage of development
- Appendix 3 - Pharmaceutical deals by deal type
- Appendix 4 - Pharmaceutical deals by therapy area
- Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
About Wildwood Ventures
- Current Partnering
- Current Agreements
- Recent report titles from Current Partnering
Table of figures
- Figure 1: Pharmaceutical partnering since 2014
- Figure 2: Active Pharmaceutical dealmaking activity since 2014
- Figure 3: Pharmaceutical partnering by deal type since 2014
- Figure 4: Pharmaceutical partnering by disease type since 2014
- Figure 5: Pharmaceutical partnering by technology type since 2014
- Figure 6: Pharmaceutical deals with a headline value
- Figure 7: Pharmaceutical deals with an upfront value
- Figure 8: Pharmaceutical deals with a milestone value
- Figure 9: Pharmaceutical deals with a royalty rate value
- Figure 10: Top Pharmaceutical deals by value since 2014
- Figure 11: Most active Pharmaceutical dealmakers since 2014
- Figure 12: Online partnering resources
- Figure 13: Forthcoming partnering events