데이터센터 냉각 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2019-2024년)
Data Center Cooling Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2021년 01월
|| 상품 코드
| 페이지 정보
데이터센터 냉각 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2019-2024년)
Data Center Cooling Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
|발행일 : 2021년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계 데이터센터 냉각 시장은 2018년 92억 7,000만 달러로 평가되었으며, 2024년까지 12.34%의 연평균 복합 성장률(CAGR)로 성장을 지속하여 183억 9,000만 달러 규모 시장으로 확대될 전망입니다.
세계의 데이터센터 냉각(Data Center Cooling) 시장을 조사했으며, 시장 개요, 솔루션·서비스·최종사용자 산업·지역별 시장 규모 추이와 예측, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 분석, 시장 기회, 경쟁 구도, 주요 기업 개요 등의 정보를 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제3장 주요 요약
제4장 시장 인사이트
- 시장 개요
- 산업 밸류체인 분석
- Five Forces 분석
- 구매자의 협상력
- 공급 기업의 협상력
- 신규 진출기업의 위협
- 대체품의 위협
- 경쟁 기업간 경쟁 관계
- 산업 정책
제5장 시장 역학
- 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 신흥국가의 IT 인프라 발전
- 그린 데이터센터의 등장
- 시장 성장 저해요인
제6장 세계의 데이터센터 냉각 시장 : 부문별
- 액체 냉각 시스템
- Row/Rack/Door/Over-head 냉각 시스템
- 설치 및 배치
- 컨설팅, 지원, 유지관리 서비스
- 최종사용자 산업별
- 은행, 금융서비스, 보험(BFSI)
- 중동 및 아프리카
제7장 경쟁 구도
- 기업 개요
- Vertiv Co.
- Stulz GmbH
- Schneider Electric SE
- Rittal GmbH & Co. KG
- Mitsubishi Electric Hydronics & IT Cooling Systems SpA
- Asetek AS
- Chilldyne Inc.
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- LiquidCool Solutions
- CoolIT Systems Inc.
제8장 투자 분석
제9장 시장 기회 및 향후 동향
The data center cooling market was valued at USD 9.52 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 19.51 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 12.5% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). There has been a surge in the number of data centers due to high computational requirements by AI and Media applications. Furthermore, the growth is going to be fuelled by the adoption of edge computing and the increase in the number of IoT devices.
- Development in IT Infrastructure in emerging countries is driving the market. The increasing construction of hyperscale facilities with a power capacity of over 50 MW will fuel the need for innovative infrastructure in the market over the next few years globally in developed countries. According to the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), IT exports from India may exceed USD 330 billion by 2019-20. This accounts for nearly 14% of the projected worldwide spend if India maintains its current share of the global offshore IT market.
- The estimates by various sources suggest that the data center accounts for 2% to 5% of the global Green House Gas (GHG) emissions. The cooling systems are responsible for almost 40% of the power consumption in a data center. Companies are trying to tackle this issue by setting up Green data centers which use Free air cooling systems instead of traditional Air conditioners. The growing trends toward the deployment of green data centers for storing, managing, and distributing information helped many software companies reduce energy consumption and the total energy cost.
- As the hyperscale providers roll out their services more widely across the Europe region, the rate of hyperscale procurement of data center capacity in many other European cities would increase rapidly. Hence, markets, such as Madrid, Milan, Warsaw, and Zurich would witness a substantial increase in colocation activity. Equinix announced a new joint venture with GIC to develop and operate hyperscale data centers in the Europe region. For the past many years, an important trend has been the expansion of large-scale facilities to support the growth of hyperscale companies, including the largest cloud service providers.
- However, adaptability requirements and power outages are challenging the market to grow.A typical data center cooling system must be pre-engineered, standardized, and modular. It is required to be scalable and flexible to meet the needs of the data center. This is very difficult in today's world with companies looking to cut costs and not willing to spend much on the high-end customized cooling systems.
Key Market Trends
Information Technology Industry to Witness Highest Growth
- The IT industry needs on-premise private data storage centers and hyperscale data centers for its operations according to the size of the organization. Additionally, the adoption of cloud storage has increased over the years due to growth in SaaS providers, which is enabling cloud storage providers to expand their capacities and is expected to increase the demand for data center cooling systems.
- Cloud storage providers, like Microsoft, AWS, and Google, are expanding their storage capabilities to offer more efficient work-flow on the cloud. These companies are making investments in hyperscale deals. In May 2018, Google announced that it was adopting liquid cooling systems for AI data crunching, as the heat generated its new tensor processing units (TPUs) exceeded the limits of its previous data center cooling solutions.
- Moreover, CloudHQ stated that, by 2022, the industry is expected to get the 350-megawatt storage campuses. In 2018, the company signed a 72-megawatt lease in Ashbum, which is the largest in the data center history.
- In February 2018, the second-largest grocery chain in America, Albertsons Companies, announced the adoption of cloud storage service from Microsoft to improve the retail experience. With this, the company planned to leverage the cognitive analytics, AI, and data science capabilities from Microsoft. Such advancements among top retailers are expected to launch new data center establishments which will drive the demand of data center cooling market.
Asia-Pacific to Register a Significant Growth
- Asia-Pacific to witness high market growth in the future. China is one of the major markets for data center cooling solutions, owing to the exponential growth in the number of data centers in the country, along with the government's policies to support more energy-efficient infrastructure in the country.
- According to the report on Energy Consumption of Data Centers in China, the current numbers of small- and medium-sized data centers in China exceeded 400,000, and the annual total power demand reached 100 billion kWh, i.e., around 250,000 kWh for each data center, annually. Also, the rising trend of data localization in the country may further promote the development of data centers.
- Furthermore, the healthcare industry in Asia was expected to increase by 11.1% in 2018. This significant growth is driven by the increasing adoption of digital technologies, innovative healthcare access programs, and the delivery of care outside of traditional hospital settings. In June 2018, China's Guizhou Province launched a healthcare data center. Its plan to set up a national healthcare data network is approaching a major milestone, with the first of the five specialist data centers coming online.
- The growing demand for liquid cooling systems for data centers in the domestic market is also fueling foreign players to invest in the Japanese data center cooling market. For instance, a distributed data center company, Cloud&Heat Technologies, has shipped a container-based system to a Japanese vendor who plans to sell the German firm's liquid-cooled offerings in the local market.
- Moreover, in July 2019, Equinix, Inc. announced the opening of its eleventh IBX data center TY11 in Japan. It has deployed energy-efficient lighting systems, adaptive control systems that reduce power consumption and increases cooling capacity through active airflow management, and cold aisle containment that reduces energy consumption and enhances cooling.
- Enterprises in the market are concerned about water consumption and efficiency, in terms of cooling and energy consumption, of the chillers. However, vendors are focusing on upgrading their offerings, in order to overcome such hurdles. For example, Prasa deployed intelligent chiller boosters in the cooling systems of data centers, primarily for supercomputers in the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. This system decreased electricity consumption by nearly 38% and increased cooling efficiency by 43%.
The data center cooling market is fragmented as the benefits offered by the technology and support from the government by imposing efficiency regulations on data centers are expected to directly help the growth of the data center cooling market. Market penetration is growing with a strong presence of major players in established markets and with the increasing focus on innovation, the demand for new technologies is growing, which, in turn, is driving investments for further developments. Key players are Vertiv Co., Schneider Electric SE, STULZ GMBH, etc. Some of the key developments in the market are -
- June 2020 - Asetek announced a collaboration with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to deliver its premium data center liquid cooling solutions in HPE Apollo Systems, which are high-performing and density-optimized to target high-performance computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) needs. The integration enables the deployment of high wattage processors in high-density configurations to support compute-intense workloads.
- May 2020 - EcoData Center in Falun, the world's first climate-positive data center deployed a new method for liquid-based cooling, developed in a collaboration between Schneider Electric, Iceotope and Avnet. The plant in Falun is entirely powered by renewable energy sources attributable to the integration with Falu Energi & Vatten all waste heat is led back to the heating plant. To further reduce energy consumption, a completely new, chassis-based liquid cooling method is now being installed. The method has been developed in a collaboration between the energy specialist Schneider Electric, the cooling technology company Iceotope and the consulting company Avnet, which works with technical integration. Implementation is estimated to reduce energy consumption for rack cooling by up to 90 %and for the entire data center by about 14%.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
- 4.4 Market Drivers
- 4.4.1 Increasing Volume of Digital Data
- 4.4.2 Emergence of Green Data Centers
- 4.5 Market Restraints
- 4.5.1 Adaptability Requirements and Power Outages
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Air cooled
- 5.1.2 Liquid cooled
- 5.1.3 Chillers
- 5.1.4 Economizer Systems
- 5.1.5 Row/Rack/Door/Overhead Cooling Systems
- 5.2 Service
- 5.2.1 Installation and Deployment
- 5.2.2 Consulting, Support, and Maintenance Services
- 5.3 End-user Vertical
- 5.3.1 Information Technology
- 5.3.2 BFSI
- 5.3.3 Telecommunication
- 5.3.4 Healthcare
- 5.3.5 Government
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Verticals
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 Norway
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Major Vendors
- 22.214.171.124 Daikin Industries, Ltd. (Global Revenue in 2016, 2017, 2018 |Business overview and Strategies| Global Customers and Competitors | Product Overview | Revenue Breakdown| SWOT Analysis | Strategies & Innovations | Recent Developments)
- 126.96.36.199 Schneider Electric S.E. (Global Revenue in 2016, 2017, 2018 |Business overview and Strategies| Global Customers and Competitors | Product Overview | Revenue Breakdown| SWOT Analysis | Strategies & Innovations | Recent Developments)
- 188.8.131.52 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Global Revenue in 2016, 2017, 2018 |Business overview and Strategies| Global Customers and Competitors | Product Overview | Revenue Breakdown| SWOT Analysis | Strategies & Innovations | Recent Developments)
- 184.108.40.206 Johnson Controls International plc (Global Revenue in 2016, 2017, 2018 |Business overview and Strategies| Global Customers and Competitors | Product Overview | Revenue Breakdown| SWOT Analysis | Strategies & Innovations | Recent Developments)
- 220.127.116.11 Asetek, Inc. (Global Revenue in 2016, 2017, 2018 |Business overview and Strategies| Global Customers and Competitors | Product Overview | Revenue Breakdown| SWOT Analysis | Strategies & Innovations | Recent Developments)
- 6.1.2 Other Vendors
- 18.104.22.168 STULZ GMBH
- 22.214.171.124 Rittal GmbH & Co. KG
- 126.96.36.199 Nortek Air Solutions
- 188.8.131.52 Vertiv Co.
- 184.108.40.206 Munters Group AB
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS