The automotive connector market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6%, during the forecast period, 2020 - 2025.
- The increase in safety concerns among consumers, coupled with safety-related initiatives from government agencies, has elevated the requirement for a reliable connector in various vehicle systems. For instance, safety systems, like seatbelts, airbags, and brakes used in vehicles require a connection system comprising a retainer and safety restraint system connector. Thus, the increasing demand for automotive safety systems has a direct influence on the demand for automotive connectors, in turn, driving the growth of the market.
- Furthermore, the usage of electronics in other applications, such as advanced and convenient systems, like automatic transmissions and infotainment has also been increasing, which, in turn, is driving the demand for automotive wiring harnesses in automobiles, thereby, propelling the need for connectors in these systems.
- Connectors are placed under the hood of automobiles and must have the capacity to withstand high as well as sub-zero temperatures and shocks. Thus, reliability and durability concerns are some functional challenges that hinder the growth of the market.
- The automotive connector market has major application in the powertrain systems, followed by safety and infotainment systems.
Key Market Trends
Safety and Security to Witness Fast Growth
The safety and security segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate, during the forecast period.
Improving safety and security of vehicles is a growing concern among automakers and governments; as a result, automakers have started installing dedicated electronic control units (ECUs) at every critical level of vehicle systems, including powertrain, steering, and braking systems. For instance, the usage of ECUs, such as electric power steering ECU unit and anti-lock braking system (ABS) ECU unit have been significantly increased to approximately 4-5% annually, during the past three years (2015-2018).
Other safety and security features, such as airbags and central-locking system, have been predominantly installed in more than 60% of all new vehicle sales in 2019.
In addition to this, ADAS features, such as adaptive cruise control, parking assist, lane departure warning and assist system, blind spot detection, night vision system, adaptive front lighting system etc., have been gradually penetrating in vehicles globally, majorly in the European (EU) and North American region, and countries, like China and Japan.
Europe Expected to Capture Larger Market Share
Europe ranks top in implementing safety features in vehicles, while the Americas and Asia-Pacific follow the footprints of Europe. Euro NCAP has released few protocols on safety features, like autonomous emergency braking, driver monitoring and child occupant protection, in 2018, and is anticipating to mandate these features in EU vehicles by 2020-2022. With growing regulations toward vehicle safety standards across every region, the adoption of safety and security systems in automobiles are expected to increase, which, in turn, will result in the demand for and usage of connectors during the forecast period.
The increasing demand for electric and semi-autonomous vehicles in Europe is simultaneously impacting the usage for automotive connectors. For instance, the share of electric vehicles in the regional market has increased by approximately 30% over the past two years, and is expected to grow over the next five years, owing to the growing environmental concerns. Thus, the region is expected to witness high demand for automotive connectors during the forecast period.
The automotive connector market is highly fragmented due to the presence of many regional players. However, some of the major players, like TE Connectivity Ltd, Yazaki Corporation, J.S.T. Mfg. Co.,Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Aptiv PLC, and Sumitomo Wiring Systems LTD.,etc., have captured significant shares in the market. These companies are focusing to expand their connector business globally, to capture the growing trend of advance electronics and safety systems in vehicles. For instance, Aptiv PLC provides various safety restraint system connector solutions for airbags.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Powertrain
- 5.1.2 Comfort, Convenience, and Entertainment
- 5.1.3 Safety and Security
- 5.1.4 Body Wiring and Power Distribution
- 5.1.5 Navigation and Instrumentation
- 5.2 Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1 Passenger Car
- 5.2.2 Commercial Vehicle
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Other Countries
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 TE Connectivity Ltd
- 6.2.2 Yazaki Corporation
- 6.2.3 J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- 6.2.4 Molex Incorporated (Koch Industries, Inc. )
- 6.2.5 Amphenol Corporation
- 6.2.6 Luxshare Precision Industry Co Ltd
- 6.2.7 Aptiv PLC
- 6.2.8 Hirose Electric Co Ltd
- 6.2.9 Samtec
- 6.2.10 Lumberg Holding
- 6.2.11 Sumitomo Wiring Systems LTD.,
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS