A comprehensive assessment of the global video surveillance industry for 2022.
Coverage of hardware, software (including analytics, VSaaS, on-site VMS and
software service agreements). Presented in a simple, easy to use market research
report to aid purchasers with their strategic decisions in this area. An experienced
analyst team is available to discuss findings and answer client questions.
- Analysis (identifying trends)
- Insights (contexutalizing analysis)
- Data (market data and shares)
Key parts of our research methodology
We invest in scoping our
research to enable a
taxonomic view of the
Face to face and phone
with collection of data
with vendors we gather
- Up-to-date segmentations designed to reflect the state of the market in 2022.
- Simple report format structured with data, analysis and insight.
- Insights going beyond data analysis to contextualize trends and link to the key
- questions readers should be considering regarding the industry.
- Global coverage with deeper dives into key regional markets.
- PDF and excel deliverables.
- Analyst briefing presentation with Q&A included in purchase.
Key questions answered:
- How are supply shortages and price rises affecting the market?
- What is status of the transition to the cloud and "aaS" business?
- How are shipments of network cameras split into high and low-priced products?
- What is the "market scale" in cameras units?
- How are new ecosystems and business models affecting the market?
- What is the installed base for video surveillance cameras?
Table of Contents
Chapter One - Methodology, scope and definitions
- 1.1. Methodology overview
- 1.2. Scope
- 1.3. Product definitions
- 1.4. Product taxonomy and definition history
- 1.5. Geographic definitions
- 1.6. End-user sector definitions
- 1.7. Exchange rates
Chapter Two - Market trends
- 2.1. Supply shortages and price increases
- 2.1. Semiconductor landscape
- 2.2. Tariffs and trade restrictions
- 2.3. Video surveillance cloud solutions & VSaaS
- 2.4. Video analytics
- 2.5. Changes to the sales channel
- 2.6. Body temperature monitoring solutions
- 2.7. Storage demands
- 2.9. IoT and IoVT
- 2.10. Cybersecurity
- 2.11. 5G
- 2.12. HCI, virtualization and containers
- 2.13. Lidar
- 2.14. The influence of the consumer market
- 2.15. What will the market look like in 2030?
Chapter Three - The world market
- 3.1. World market by region
- 3.2. Major changes to previous forecasts
Chapter Four - The world excluding China market
- 4.1. Total market for hardware and software
- 4.2. Network cameras by form factor
- 4.3. Network cameras by price band
- 4.4. Network cameras by ecosystem compatibility
- 4.5. Network cameras by resolution
- 4.6. Analytics by billing model
- 4.7. Embedded Video analytics
- 4.8. NVRs by channel count
- 4.9. NVRs by inclusion of PoE switch
- 4.10. World excluding China competitive environment
- 4.11. World excluding China market share concentration
- 4.13. Ecosystem players
- 4.14. Key players - analyst opinion on strategy
Chapter Five - The EMEA market
- 5.1. The EMEA market
- 5.2. Network cameras by price band
- 5.3. EMEA market by geographic region
- 5.4. EMEA end-user sectors
- 5.5. EMEA market share estimates
Chapter Six - The Americas market
- 6.1. Americas market
- 6.2. Americas market by end-user sector
- 6.3. Americas market share estimates
Chapter Seven - The APAC excluding China market
- 7.1. The APAC excluding China market
- 7.2. APAC excluding China market by geographic region
- 7.3. APAC excluding China end-user sector
- 7.4. APAC excluding China market share estimates
Chapter Eight - The Chinese market
- 8.1. Chinese market
- 8.2. Chinese market share estimates
Chapter Nine - the installed base
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Installed base
- 9.3. Cloud connected cameras