NSR's “ Government Spending on Space (GSS) ” details the where, the what and the why of government spending opportunity globally across civil, military and beyond Earth orbit space activity. Assessing key countries investing in space by geographic region, NSR's Government Spending on Space examines how civil and defense spending is represented across core space goals.
The global geo-political landscape has rapidly shifted through the 2020s. Recession fears continue as nation-states work to address the impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the ramifications of the Ukrainian War and instability concerns. As use-cases and accessibility of space-based assets develop, the number of Nation States active in the Space & Satellite sector will continue to grow. However, as macroeconomic headwinds increase unease, investment funding opportunities decrease meaning now companies face mounting challenges to ensure financial solvency. NSR's Government Spending on Space (GSS) evaluates and reports the essential trends and developments ready to shape short-term regional space investment budgets.
Key questions are answered in this report?
- Which nation-states are investing in space?
- What are the current trends in Government spending on space?
- What factors will drive spending in the short-term (1-3 years)?
- Is Defense or Exploration the current focus of Nation State spending and will this continue?
Who Should Purchase this Report:
- Commercial Government & Military Suppliers and Service Providers
- Government and Military Procurement Departments
- Investors and Financial Analysts
- Commercial Exploration Focused Suppliers and Service Providers
- Nation state Government Space Strategists
Covered in this Report:
- Regional Governmental Opportunity for Space & Satellite spending
- Evaluation of Civil, Military & Beyond Earth Orbit government opportunity
- Select Industry News and Updates
- Regional "major countries" assessment
- Spotlight on United States Space budgetary planning FY24
- Spotlight on European Union space strategy and opportunity
- Military: Defensive and Military Surveillance & Satcom, including sovereign capabilities (MILSATCOM).
- Civil: Science, Weather, Research and Non-Military International Partnerships (including Space Agencies)
- Beyond Earth Orbit: Actions and planning for activity past Earth's orbit
North America (NAM)
Latin America (LAM)
- Venezuela, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Bermuda, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil
- Ireland, United Kingdom, Portugal, Space, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Turkiye, Slovenia, Slovakia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Monaco, Luxemburg, Lithuania, Lativa, Italy, Hungary, Greece, Germany, Estonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Belgium, Albania, Moldova, Poland, Switzerland, Romania
- European Union, EU Space Program
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Tonga, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, UAE, Oman, Qatar
- China, Japan, South Korea, Timor Leste, Pakistan, India, Australia, New Zealand, Azerbaijan. Thailand, Laos, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1. Executive Summary
- 1.2. Global Overview
3. Key Findings
- 3.1. Select Industry News and Updates
4. North America
- 4.1. North America Bottom Line
- 4.2. North America: United States Overview
- 4.3. North America: United States Civil Overview
- 4.4. North America: United States Military Overview
- 4.5. North America: United States Beyond Earth Orbit Activity
- 4.6. North America: Canada Overview
5. Latin America
- 5.1. Latin America Bottom Line
- 5.2. Latin America Civil Activity
- 6.1. European Bottom Line
- 6.2. European Union
- 6.3. European Union
- 6.4. European Union
- 6.5. EU Space Program
- 6.6. European Civil Activity
- 6.7. European Military Activity
7. Middle East & Africa
- 7.1. Africa Bottom Line
- 7.2. African Civil Activity
- 7.3. African Military Activity
- 7.4. African Beyond Earth Orbit Activity
- 8.1. Asia Bottom Line
- 8.2. Asia Civil Activity
- 8.3. Asia Military Activity
- 8.4. Asia Beyond Earth Orbit Activity